Butthole Surfers and 400 Blows at the Echo - Los Angeles

Started by juan11, September 20, 2011, 03:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan11

Last minute venue change (for the better), after Sunset Junction got shut down.

It was awesome!!!

/review
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

black

"...It was awesome!!!"

MOAR!!
(please?)

also;
what happened to Sunset Junction? I went to L.A. a few years back for that to see Nebula, Sasquatch, SuperHeavyGoatAss and more. It was a killer event. Did L.A. decide it was too much?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

CanookieWookie

What kind of set did the Surfers play?  Did they give any indication if a new album is on its way?

juan11

Damn. My phone was done broke, so I don't have any pictures, which is lame, because it was pretty much in a large bar, and it got wild.  I've been waiting for my brothers pictures , but no dice. They're probably on his Facebook though, heh.

400 Blows were awesome as usual, and they got everyone pretty amped up. Tightly packed standing room only by the time BH played, and it seemed like everyone in the place had a joint to share all of a sudden.

No new songs... Nothing past Electric Larryland. Same set I saw last year with the Melvins really, but much more personal. started with BBQ Pope & Ended with Lee Harvey.  Butthole Surfers + last minute bar venue + joints like baby arms = my ideal good time, really.

Totally killed it too.  I love seeing Gibby do his vocal effects live, and playing sax, while PAUL LEARY wails away.  Love that guy. It was good and loud too. The Melvins show was pretty quiet.

"Money Grab" haters, hate on, but I'm stoked any time I see an old favorite get out and slay they old material. See also: Circle Jerks.

Anyway, if the pictures turn up, I'll post them. I got a free iphone4 from apple, zero hassle afterwards. Big deal, assholes. I can't put fantastic customer service on my photobucket.  >:(
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

Instant Dan

I remember Gibby in the Dallas Morning News about 3-4 years ago saying he doubted they'll ever release/write new material. Besides everyone has their own stuff going on. Paul has his producing/Carny stuff, Pinkus with Honky and a slew of other bands, Coffey I think has a new project happening, and Gibby is up in NYC pursuing art/weird music stuff/being a celebrity socialite.