Shitty stuff you used to drink

Started by The Shocker, September 27, 2011, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

I brought Mickey's grenades to every BYOB party in college.  The rebuses always got progressively harder as I progressed through the sixer.  Couldn't handle the hangovers anymore and decided to start beer snobbin'.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

yeezuz

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 29, 2011, 04:39:39 PM
Quote from: xina on September 29, 2011, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Discö Rice on September 28, 2011, 12:56:03 PM
Greenwood Car Bomb (Named for my old neighborhood in Sea-Town, and known only to a brave few) - Simple, effective, disgusting.

Made like an Irish Car Bomb, subbing Trumpeter Imperial Stout (14% ABV.) for the child-safe Guinness (something like 3.4% ABV.), and in place of the Jameson/Bailey's mix, sits a festering 2 ounces of butterscotch annihilation known as Stroh 80 (80% ABV, butterscotch flavored rum). It's more a rite of passage than a beverage. There's no reason other than stupidity to drink one of these, let alone more than one in a sitting.

The only thing worse is a Banana Cognac, and no, I won't tell you what's in it (hint - it's not bananas).
oh come on, if it's NOT bananas what could it be?

Well, there's no cognac in it either.

P.S. - You hate the smell and taste of beer? Who the hell raised you?
a Germa-Okie-Cherokke hillbilly & a woman he picked up in Okinawa. it's a miracle that my body can process any alcohol at all. i still hate beer, but i recently picked up cider; it's the best i can do. 

MikeyT

'Heidelburg' is the worst I've ever had- & I didn't have it for long. Drank half a can & told my friend who was offering them, "No thanks".

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Metal and Beer

Yah, Lucky's caps had those puzzles way back in the day, so did Mickey's as I recall? Maybe PBR longnecks in more recent times....anyw00t, I just remembered a filthy fucking abomination we used to swill with reckless (and wreckful!) abandon: The unmighty and utterly retched Hudepohl Gold :::shudder:::...$3.99 a twelve-pack !

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Metal and Beer

Here's some common ones I grew up with in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Yuba Co. CA in the '70's....some good, some average, some god-awful, all drunked

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Discö Rice

Haha Oly. I've had more than my share of that swill. Little known fact - It actually is the water.

Xina - Sorry to hear that. There are some damn fine beers to be had. Next time I'm knocking back a Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Stout I'll think of you and weep quietly.  :'(
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

Quote from: Lumpy on September 30, 2011, 01:23:22 AM
Quote from: johnny problem on September 29, 2011, 07:41:09 PM
Carling - This beer can be somewhat manageable if it's super ice cold.  If it's warm, be cautious.

Yup. One of the better cheap beers IMO. I can remember 1.85 for a six pack. Better than crap like Miller, Bud etc.

I must have meant 3.85 for a six pack, I'm old but I'm not that old.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

I,Galactus

Quote from: johnny problem on September 29, 2011, 07:41:09 PM
Carling - This beer can be somewhat manageable if it's super ice cold.  If it's warm, be cautious.

:D @ "hot carling"
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

SpaceTrucker

Quote from: sleestak on September 27, 2011, 09:10:35 PM
Mad dog

My man, fuck you know my favorite is the red grape wine, cause it has more alcohol in it.

And Wild Irish rose.

^this is a party in a bottle.

RAGER

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 30, 2011, 07:32:21 PM
Haha Oly. I've had more than my share of that swill. Little known fact - It actually is the water.

Xina - Sorry to hear that. There are some damn fine beers to be had. Next time I'm knocking back a Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Stout I'll think of you and weep quietly.  :'(

Had one of those recently.  Also had the PumpKing.  right now I'm haveing and Oakshire Ill Tempered Gnome.
No Focus Pocus

fallen

When I was a kid it was hard to get people to boot at the beer store but we had these wine stores that were easier to buy from so we drank tons of champagne and schnaps. The hangover from a big bottle of peach schnaps is pretty bad.

Isabellacat

SpaceTrucker

^YES KING COBRA is better though. Colt 45 holds it's own though.

libertycaps

I can't even stomach Evan Williams green label anymore.
Fuck cheap whiskey hang-overs. Too old for that shit now.

cat shepard

Quote from: libertycaps on January 18, 2012, 02:32:47 AM
I can't even stomach Evan Williams green label anymore.
Fuck cheap whiskey hang-overs. Too old for that shit now.
Nearly puked on the keyboard upon reading this and to think I had nearly forgotten about this stuff.

mertz

Keystone beer in college...ewwwww.

lftwng4

Quote from: Metal and Beer on September 30, 2011, 06:23:10 PM
Yah, Lucky's caps had those puzzles way back in the day, so did Mickey's as I recall? Maybe PBR longnecks in more recent times....anyw00t, I just remembered a filthy fucking abomination we used to swill with reckless (and wreckful!) abandon: The unmighty and utterly retched Hudepohl Gold :::shudder:::...$3.99 a twelve-pack !

A friend used to live in Cincinnati and we'd go by the brewery and pick up a keg of Hudy De-lite when we were down there.  Pretty sure they used to sell it for around $1/six pack(mid-80s).  Another buddy of mine came over the other night with a mixed bag of beers, one of 'em was Hudepohl, but it's not brewed in Cincinnati any more.  Brought back some cool memories.