Recipes--Your Specialty

Started by black, September 28, 2011, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

Quote from: RAGER on May 01, 2019, 10:13:03 AM
For the rice I added some sliced mushrooms and onions. The rice is cooked in chicken stock salted with red boat fish salt. Bring to boil reduce to low cover and cook for 18 min. The last 30 sec crank the heat to high to dry off the bottom of the rice. Remove from heat and let stand about 15 min then fluff before serving. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and spoon over nam prik pao.

The chicken I marinated while at work and then grilled. Marinade consists of toasted sesame oil, olive oil, fish salt, fresh garlic, Meyer lemon juice, finely diced Meyer lemon peel (preserved lemon would work here too but hold back some salt if you do), fresh ginger, black and red pepper.

Took my nam prik pao for a test drive with this recipe. Heavenly!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made khao soi neua last night. Here's some prep.

The audio is part f the fun. https://i.imgur.com/n2BBFS5.mp4

Broke my kruk in the process. Over zealous pounding.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made leng tom zeb last night. There's no real English spelling for this stuff. It's just spelled kinda phonetically it's an herby rustic broth soup of pork neck bones. Adorned with the usual suspects and quite spicy.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Masterful. Your cooking is teaching me about mise en place. Good for everything.

Man the plating on the stack is off-the-charts

RAGER

Having your ingredients prepped and ready to go is always key. Most Thai dishes can be put together in about 10 minutes. It's prepping the raw ingredients and sauces that take time.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tired last night. Headache going on three days. Easy dinner

Garlic, sage, paste I made, and olive oil. Cook down a bit.

Whip up some sauce from frozen garden maters and add that

Boil some rigatoni. Just a little

Add some white beans of some sort and some pasta water

Add the pasta and some Thai chilis of course

Make some garlic bread

Serve it up with some parm.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Looks good. Why does pasta seem to fuck me up these days. Maybe its my imagination or maybe its because i eat 10 bowls when i have sauce.

RAGER

Yeah pasta is meant to be a small portion between the antipasto and the secondi (meat course) in Italy.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Wife brought home some leftover fried calamari the other night. So I turned it into breakfast to take to work.
Shiitakes and onions in a little leftover shrimp water with fish sauce. Then add some shallot oil to fry a bit.

Add some eggs

Quick sauté some chopped spinach

Add fried calamari. Omelette
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

fuck me that looks good.

having said that i have to admit im a little upset with your wife for having leftover calamari in the first place.

Muffin Man

Maybe someone left it on the table and not wanting it to go to waste she nabbed it on the way out

Muffin Man

RAGER

Sai ua with nam jim jaew and sticky rice

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Beautiful breakfast! Knock back a couple pints with that?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

I know what you're doing and you should just stop or I'll get offended.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Did you make the sausages too?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Mapo tofu

First you really brown your ground pork or beef with Sichuan peppercorns. Here I used beef. I actually prefer pork. Really brown it until the fat runs back out of it. I used a little caiziyou to get the Sichuan flavor started.

In the other pan I lightly boiled the tofu cubes in salted water for a few minutes to firm up.

About a tblsp of douchi and a couple of douban jiang chopped up. I think mine is aged about 4-5 years.

Add the douban jiang and fry a little then stir with the beef then add the douchi.

Now add your stock and tofu and just push around in the wok. Don't stir vigorously or you'll break the cubes.

Now add a little light soy sauce, a little toasted sesame oil, a little shaoxing wine, and some white pepper. I let it simmer for about 20 min to reduce. You can also add a starch slurry to thicken. I prefer to let time do it's thing.

Stir in your scallions or garlic chives, hit with some fresh ground Sichuan peppercorns and some Sichuan chili oil and serve.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I usually prefer raw on the half shell minimally adorned but they have these semi preshucked at New Seasons. If I'm eating them raw I want to shuck them or have them done right then and there.

But I had these. Oysters Ragerfeller.

Garlic butter, Old Bay, parsley, pecorino and toasted panko crumbs.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.