the new primus

Started by lowdaddy, September 29, 2011, 02:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowdaddy

it's fuckin terrible.  and this is coming from as old school primus fan who really WANTS this album to be killer.  save your money.  save your ears.  dont bother.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( 
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

Sleazy Cortez

damn, i was afraid of that.
they call em fingers.... but i never seen em fing.

EddieMullet

Absolutely hated it the first time I heard it, tried to give it a few more listens and still hated it.

Then something happened and I just kinda sort of like it, but still not all that much.

I think the production kills it all bass(both the instrument and frequency), the guitar is barely audible and the vocals are cloaked in some weird effect, but the drums sound great

The new Red Hot Chili Peppers is kind of the same, maybe this is some kind of new production technique...

BaseApe

i don't think it's a radical departure from what they've done in the past. 

the production is a little flat, but i reckon that's just cos the songs are mostly at the boring/wanky end of the Primus spectrum.

Sprague Dawley

Sold my copy within fucking femtoseconds. Mixed way too goddamn quiet (like the idiotic Frizzle Fry reissues) with hopelessly twee and shit music.

FFS I loved Frizzle Fry in 1991 and even splurged on a Pork Soda 2xLP reissue last year (which sounds great) but man, those guys havent made a listenable album this century; and theyve only made 3 since 1999 ffs