What the fuck should I make for dinner

Started by yeezuz, September 30, 2011, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Muffin Man

RAGER

Tater salad made even getter by using the fresh dill from the garden.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I suspected you had a trick or two up your sleeve.

RAGER

Stir fry. Big whoop! 

Oh but I added some mala paste I made. Mmmmmmmmm

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

weird, I just posted in the the other thread a sec ago asking about stir fry, then came and red this. weird.

those cabbage ribbons are awesome

RAGER

Got zucchini? Make this zucchini butter spaghetti on smitten kitchen.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I made this zucchini rice cheese casserole thing. Those are white Japanese eggplant on top.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Make caponata bruschetta. Have some wine.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

meatball hoagie. zweigles meatballs. zweigles italian sausage. dipaolo's hoagie roll. my own sauce. all local sourced. including a few gennys.
meats sauted up in some olive oil until browned. sauce dumped in and seasoned. i like to cook it down a little, add some water, cook it down a little more and really get the flavors to where they need to be. steak fries and when the fries have a few mintues left, i throw the hoagie on with provolone cheese. right on top of the fries on the tray. dont cut the roll all the way through. open it up and run the cheese down the center.

mortlock

if you do it right, you get a few fries that get a little melted cheese on them. look close at the top fry in the pic. details. 

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

mmmm, meatball hoagie with a side of meatballs! and spiked, to boot. Potentially a signature dish.

I agree the cheese fry ties the dish together.

Nice dinner tray

RAGER

Shallow dive into some Japanese.

Kabocha udon with fried tofu and chicken in a dashi lobby broth fortified with Kirin and shoyu. Dusted with sichimi togarashi and seaweed.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tonkatsu curry last night. Rich. The other half is for dinner tonight.

Bought bone in cuts for the nice marbled meat for the cutlets

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

The Washington beaches have opened up for razor clams. They're different than the Atlantic variety. Quite a bit meatier.

Razor clam, shrimp, and oyster chowder with crispy gabagool.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

That looks really great.  Love a good seafood chowder. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Tortitas de cameron y salsa con nopales.

Shrimp fritters in RAGER chili sauce with cactus chunks.

The fritters are interesting. You use dried ground shrimp. You separate egg whites from yolks. Whip the whites to stiff peaks. And fold in the yolks, ground shrimp and some bread crumbs. Then fry. It's like frying meringue. Then you stew em a bit in the sauce/salsa. Yum. I added some bay shrimps to it too.

Picked up these green nopales tortillas at the Mexi Mart.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Make sausage and peppers and onions with polenta, marinara and charred broccoli then sprinkle gremolata over the top with Grana Padano.

No Focus Pocus