would this work as a pre-amp?

Started by justinhedrick, October 06, 2011, 01:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At_Giza

dunwichamps

Depends on how large the power supply is but it wouldnt be bad if you have a power amp

justinhedrick

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 06, 2011, 02:09:19 PM
Depends on how large the power supply is but it wouldnt be bad if you have a power amp

i have a power amp already. now in the literature it says that it puts 100v to the pre amp tube. can a 12ax7 handle that much?

dunwichamps

Worthless Willie

This is the one you should actually go for.  I love mine.

"With the TK999HT the 12AX7 gets normal DC high voltage, allowing total linear operation of the tube. It works just like a tube preamp because it effectively is"

"this version of Tube King, the TK999HT, differs from its two predecessors in that it features internal high voltage DC circuitry instead of previous "starved plate" low voltage circuitry. Ibanez says that makes a significant difference. "

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-tk999ht-tube-king-high-voltage-tube-distortion-guitar-pedal/150461000000000
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

justinhedrick

Quote from: Worthless Willie on October 06, 2011, 08:01:49 PM
This is the one you should actually go for.  I love mine.

"With the TK999HT the 12AX7 gets normal DC high voltage, allowing total linear operation of the tube. It works just like a tube preamp because it effectively is"

"this version of Tube King, the TK999HT, differs from its two predecessors in that it features internal high voltage DC circuitry instead of previous "starved plate" low voltage circuitry. Ibanez says that makes a significant difference. "

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-tk999ht-tube-king-high-voltage-tube-distortion-guitar-pedal/150461000000000

i would, but i want something lower gain. plus, judging from the manuals they both get the same amount of voltage to the tubes.