Tiny Pots, Tiny Shafts, Tiny Knobs

Started by Hemisaurus, October 07, 2011, 08:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Looking for any kind of knob that would fit these pots, I'd rather not replace the pots. Coin in picture is a dime. First picture shows an original knob.

Baltar

EHX?  I have one chickenhead that might fit it.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Hemisaurus

Oh, it's for a guitar. I'm looking for a set of four. Just hoping someone knows somewhere thar sells small knobs.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 07, 2011, 11:22:34 PM
http://guitarheads.net/products/knobs/knobs.html

You need something to match for COSMETICS?

The FUCK?  ;D ;D ;D
Well I'd make do with non-matching if I had to, it's not for cosmetics it's for safety. My kid likes to play that guitar and I'm worried he'll hurt himself on the bare shafts, I'm going to dig up some plastic caps for the bridge screws and put knobs on it, so if he takes a header onto it, he'll be OK.

Picture removed, doesn't seem right in a thread with a penis in it.

bloodofkings

Ya know man, if you get really hard up and can't find a knob I can probably turn one for you on the lathe. Just give me some dimensions. I have plenty of spare chunks of aluminum sitting around.
I can't crap for shit.

Hemisaurus

Ta, I've found a place that has knobs for 1/8" shaft, now I just need to wait 'til I can get at the guitar and measure it, I should have done the smart thing first, and measured the damn shaft ::)

Times like this, wish I had a set of callipers.

bloodofkings

Well, let me know if the knobs don't work out. I can even anodize them any color you want. I'll just toss them on the next order I send out for anodizing.
I can't crap for shit.

VOLVO)))

Custom Stonerrock™ knobs?

others may be down for that...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

I know I'd be, 'specially since I am in the process of cloning the Sunn Buzz.

(I wasn't happy with any of the demos I made, totally could not get the sound I wanted >:().

bloodofkings

I can pull off simple stuff, top hats, straight knobs, put some knurling on them but I couldn't do anything extravagant. I couldn't make you skulls or anything like that but I could promise them to be solid hunks of aluminum with some anodizing. Shit man, let me know.
I can't crap for shit.

Hemisaurus

Can you mill (or score?) an indicator line on them after anodizing, so that it shows up aluminum coloured against the anodized material?

bloodofkings

Yeah I could score it quite easily. Could even make the marker a little dot if you wanted to.
I can't crap for shit.

Discö Rice

I came for the tiny shafts. Let's have 'em.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.