Thunder: makes you get your fingers out of the way fast. ?What other..

Started by jibberish, October 08, 2011, 02:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

..songs have certain techniques that force you to do weird, but ultimately, skill improving things to play it?

the backs of my fret fingers/hand are smoking. never felt that before. I'm speeding the riff up now and you have to be way clear before the open string counter-pick.  My hand is on fire and i'm lovin' life.

another one that is a mind bender, even though everyone else hates the song, is the beginning of the sweating bullets solo.  these are 12-note patterns, basically chromatic, done 4 notes per string on 3 strings = 12 notes.BUT
the whole shebang has a 3/4 feel so you need to "feel" 1-2-3, 1-2-3, EXCEPT it's grouped in 4's on the strings. killer lesson as you spread your 3-counts across odd groups of frets/strings layed out for a 4-count.

edit: my own personally created challenges happen when i get the chords out of an old garage sale music book(i have scored much awesome music) and try to weave in the melody and a bit of broken up chords + bass action w/e.
it is like playing twister on the fretboard, and sometimes you have to move and reshape because fingers just dont do that.

jibberish

derrr sry thunderstruck...

you knew  [points finger ] heh