favorite crock pot recipes?

Started by justinhedrick, October 11, 2011, 10:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I'm very interested to see how this turns out. 
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

demon gal

I forgot to mention I also added a pinch of cayenne for kick.

Anywho, it came out amazing. First meat I made in a crock pot that actually came out eatable. After I removed the pork, with the help of a slotted spoon because it was falling apart, I drained the sauce and reduced it on the stove top.

I'm taking most of it over to a friend's house with some fresh pretzel rolls because it's a shitload of food I'll never be able to eat on my own.  

Browning the meat really did the trick. Thanks for the great potluck idear deaner. I'll be making this again.

RAGER

Yep browning is essential.  Glad it worked out
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Forgot to mention earlier, these things are a freakin crock pot godsend:

Tried a kielbasa and white bean stew yesterday that turned out pretty good, but not great.  Good news is it'll freeze and there will leftovers forever.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

MadJohnShaft

I made one pot roast, one little whole chicken, and 3 chicken breasts this week - I tried all of them BBQ style - everything turns out very heavy.    I like to brown stuff first but maybe it doesn't really need it.

I'm going to cut way down on all the oils and fat, and maybe put some stuff in there frozen.  If I leave at 8am I might be back at 6pm which is 10 hours -  too long.

Some days chickens, some days feathers