Main Menu

post your rig of doom!

Started by matador_sound, October 11, 2011, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matador_sound

sweet. do it!

as far as the bass...Warmoth does some amazing shit, for sure. here's my TB post I made for it about a year ago: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/nbd-warmoth-jaguar-bass-685566/

more pics and stuff inside. there's also direct sound clips in the thread, too.

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 11, 2011, 07:20:19 PM
Is that Carvin the X-100B????

Gangster head, if so.

fuck yeh it is! I got it plus the footswitch for $325 + tax at the local GC...awesome head, for sure. sounds a little scooped, but there's an unbelievable amount of gain on tap when using the "gain" switch.

VOLVO)))

They sound good as guitar heads. I always thought they sounded scooped as fuck, so I didn't play mine very much, but I sure do miss it...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

Just because I said I would.  :P

The "Rig" as a whole. Acoustic 406 2x15 run by the beta bass and alpha slave. While that cab below the Crate 4x12 says Sovtek on it, I just badged it as such so the Sovtek MiG 60 I used to have has some continuity to its stack. Now the beta lead and the beta power + run them both pretty well. Got footswitches for both the betas, which is cool. I usually run them both with a Morley ABY, which sounds pretty cool, give it an almost stereo effect.

I use this SX Nashville tele copy mostly, thinking about getting a baritone neck for it from Warmoth, with a bit under $300 that I don't have at the moment. If I do that I'll probably replace the pickups with something less cheapo. Though for a little over $100 this guitar is pretty great.

This headbox (made by Emperor) just got here today, I have to say, it's utterly beautiful. I got it as such so I could stuff the few effects and the footswitch into it.

Good storage, I think.

dunwichamps

My current rig is still really in flux, im selling off tons of shit to get a set of Emperor cabs

I guess my main head is the 1st wizard, its on an Avatar 4x12, I also have a Mesa (selling these to get Emperors) I have a myriad of other amps floating around, most of which I am attempting to get rid of.

bass sic

This is my current rig. Pretty standard, 79 P bass, SVT 4pro into Emperor 2x15. The Stingray is soon to be sold I hope. That will finance my new semi hollow and a new bass build.

dunwichamps

Quote from: bass sic on October 12, 2011, 10:26:29 AM

This is my current rig. Pretty standard, 79 P bass, SVT 4pro into Emperor 2x15. The Stingray is soon to be sold I hope. That will finance my new semi hollow and a new bass build.

hows that 2x15? Im getting a guitar version of that thing from Emperor

Chovie D

bass sic

The 2x15 is awesome. We Play drop C and it never farts out. Prolly nat as loud as an 8x10 but it works for me.

dunwichamps

Pundan

Fuck, I have no pics!

Main amp: Matamp GT-1
Backup amp: Laney GH100L
Cab: Marshall 1960B straight cabinet loaded with G12H's (will be replacing this with either a Matamp cab or Emperor cab)
Pedals: MXR Script Dynacomp, A DIY Meathead clone w/ switch for the "Dark mode", EH Signal Pad, MXR Phase 90 modded w/ switch for "Script-mode" and a MXR Carbon Copy.
Guitar: Gibson SG Special

Chalupacabra

I know it's not a "traditional" rig of doom and I know alot of people hate these amps, but if you've ever play a Sovtek Mig you've played a Krank.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chalupacabra on October 12, 2011, 03:17:11 PM
I know it's not a "traditional" rig of doom and I know alot of people hate these amps, but if you've ever play a Sovtek Mig you've played a Krank.

seriously? are they the same?

moose23

Is the Krank pretty much a JCM800 clone then?

We're back jamming again next week so I'll get a rig photo sorted but here it is in words:

Squier Classic Vibe Jazz tuned C# (might switch this out with my 00 American Jazz when the strings wear out.)
Korg Pitch Black Tuner
Modified Tall Font Russian Muff Clone (just replaced my real Tall Font)
Phase 90
Tech21 Oxford
Trace Elliot power amp PA250
DIY 1x15 cab with an Emminence Omega Pro

Have another 1x15 with either a Beta or Delta but never really use it as the cab is crap. Should really rehouse the speaker and get some use out of it.

Chalupacabra

For the most part it is, I think with just an added sweep (parametric) EQ. The Rev 1(what I have) is  a modified Mig 100H, which is a modifed JCM800 with 6l6's.

Here's some info on the Mig's from Rig Talk. http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57371&hilit=krank+sovtek

Here's some photo's of the first Krank proto.

Here's this one as well

Look familiar?

I'm not a crazed Krank fanatic like some are, I just got it at a KILLER deal cause the owner got on the hating hype .. and well .. it works out well for me at this point. Though I still want a Sunn, Orange or a Plexi real soon.

apekillman

at_giza, that emp. head case looks really nice.  shoulda had them construct it to fit the power+ in to it.  and have a matching one made for the other beta and alpha slave.   looks nice, though.

grimniggzy

Yeah, how much did that Emperor case run you?

bitter

It way too goddamn early for that shit man.  :o

Very nice rigs and gear, but you honestly just devalued the hell out of the drum throne.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

NoSleepTilSleep

Ape, I'm never gonna live that rig shot down will I?

At_Giza

Quote from: apekillman on October 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AM
at_giza, that emp. head case looks really nice.  shoulda had them construct it to fit the power+ in to it.  and have a matching one made for the other beta and alpha slave.   looks nice, though.
I bought that one before I lost my job. I would have already had matching cases made for the each of them, though the beta bass' case would be Ebony faced. I wouldn't want the alpha slave or the beta power + in the same case, I'd rather have them be standalone units. I'm still on the fence about what cabs I want to pair with them. I'm either thinking a single 6x12 for the beta lead or a pair of vertical 2x12s, and either a 2x10 and 1x15 stack for the beta bass or double of that in a stack (but only if I get the 6x12 for the lead). I dunno if any of this will be done. I am contemplating selling them in the future and just buying a Magma or a Magma Driver.  :P

Quote from: grimniggzy on October 13, 2011, 09:52:26 AM
Yeah, how much did that Emperor case run you?
They asked $225.