Main Menu

My dream rig....

Started by RAGER, October 15, 2011, 11:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

yes I know.  I'm generalizing.  I am making my argument to a drummer you know :)
No Focus Pocus

Discö Rice

You know I play guitar too, right? :D
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 03:01:17 PM
Actually 4 6L6's @ 900mA, 4 EL34's @ 1.5A, 8 12AX7's @ 300mA = 12A  ;D

The plate current requirement is fuckin hardcore tho thats whats more difficult. For each 50W you might need 250mA so thats where a giant piece of iron comes into play

Hemisaurus

If you're not up for the task, there's always Verellen, or Chambers, or Sunn can track down John McNeece ;)

We are talking dream rig, though I suppose dreams could include roadies to handle your 4 heads and 2 cabs  ;D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 04:43:58 PM
If you're not up for the task, there's always Verellen, or Chambers, or Sunn can track down John McNeece ;)

We are talking dream rig, though I suppose dreams could include roadies to handle your 4 heads and 2 cabs  ;D

lol, i do turn down some offers. Sometimes, shit is just overkill. 200W fine, 4 amps in one head its just overkill

Metal and Beer

I wonder if painters argued about which brushes, pigments and canvasses were better centuries ago. "THREE different brushes? Pffft what a fag"

:P
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Discö Rice

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 04:43:58 PM

Oh snap, son!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Metal and Beer on October 17, 2011, 04:52:52 PM
I wonder if painters argued about which brushes, pigments and canvasses were better centuries ago. "THREE different brushes? Pffft what a fag"

They probably did, even musicians argued about instruments, it took a century or so for the piano to be accepted as a 'proper' instrument I believe ;D

Dunwich, there's nothing wrong with sticking with what you enjoy doing, I just figure a Peavey XXL or one of those Mesa's have three channels (and an ungodly amount of knobs to remove for service), why not put all your eggs in one basket, 4 channels, 200W not so insane, someone may do it someday.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 04:59:15 PM
Quote from: Metal and Beer on October 17, 2011, 04:52:52 PM

They probably did, even musicians argued about instruments, it took a century or so for the piano to be accepted as a 'proper' instrument I believe ;D

Dunwich, there's nothing wrong with sticking with what you enjoy doing, I just figure a Peavey XXL or one of those Mesa's have three channels (and an ungodly amount of knobs to remove for service), why not put all your eggs in one basket, 4 channels, 200W not so insane, someone may do it someday.

Verellen has a 2 heads in one thing.

I admit, its doable but I would charge a ridiculous amount such that only true rich asshats could afford it

Hemisaurus

Which brings us back full circle to Joe Bonamoosa I belive ;D

would it be more than the cost of four vintage amps though?

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 05:02:18 PM

yea no doubt about that.

I would rather teach you how to build an amp than do one of those fuckers of a rig.

core9

Dunwich is building my DREAM RIG.  Forever I chased the "holy grail" Green Matamp, only to be disapointed over and over with sketchy designs and builds. ???

I have owned 2 Mesa Dual Rectumfiers, 3 Laney AOR's, a Pix Only 72 Orange and 4 Matamps.....the amp that he's built for me IS finally what I've been trying to find.  So much so that, I am reserving another spot on his build calendar so he can build me it's twin.

The Matamp GT120 that I have right now is by far the most reliable and best sounding of the lot that I've had, but it will be up for sale in the Spring. ;)

Hemisaurus

EMPTY

dunwichamps

Quote from: core9 on October 17, 2011, 07:36:45 PM
Dunwich is building my DREAM RIG.  Forever I chased the "holy grail" Green Matamp, only to be disapointed over and over with sketchy designs and builds. ???

I have owned 2 Mesa Dual Rectumfiers, 3 Laney AOR's, a Pix Only 72 Orange and 4 Matamps.....the amp that he's built for me IS finally what I've been trying to find.  So much so that, I am reserving another spot on his build calendar so he can build me it's twin.

The Matamp GT120 that I have right now is by far the most reliable and best sounding of the lot that I've had, but it will be up for sale in the Spring. ;)

more demoing more demoing!!!

Hemisaurus

I think it's great when a musician gets off his ass, and gets together with a builder to MAKE his dream rig, rather than buying more and more expensive bullshit gear :D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 08:47:30 PM
I think it's great when a musician gets off his ass, and gets together with a builder to MAKE his dream rig, rather than buying more and more expensive bullshit gear :D

I love when a buyer gets a smile on their face, I love to see people also build their own, despite your protests

Hemisaurus

When did I protest against DIY?

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 07:51:41 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on October 17, 2011, 05:03:34 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 05:02:18 PM

yea no doubt about that.

I would rather teach you how to build an amp than do one of those fuckers of a rig.
;)
I assumed that was it

Hemisaurus

Ah you were using you generically, not specifically, I'm with you.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 09:12:36 PM
Ah you were using you generically, not specifically, I'm with you.

lulz, all good. Trust me your more than capable of building, so is Sunno, You two could make an amp company, hell if i get big ill employee u

Hemisaurus

I ain't moving, we could always be the outposts, you can drop ship us parts ;D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 09:24:19 PM
I ain't moving, we could always be the outposts, you can drop ship us parts ;D

I dont pay well enough, dont charge much money so its prolly not good for folks.

We shall see