Mellow Candle Swaddling Songs PLUS.. Deluxe Vinyl set.

Started by Damocles74, October 25, 2011, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damocles74

I really wanted the white vinyl, but it sold out  :(

These days considered to be at the very pinnacle of what is considered 'Acid Folk', Mellow Candle's legendary Swaddling Songs album has become one of the most praised and collectable releases from the golden era of the late 60's/early 70's.

Original mint copies now fetch in excess of £2,000 on the collectors market! But it's not just the rarity that merits such value, it's an album that exudes excellence in every possible way. Led by the strong charismatic vocals of Clodagh Simonds and Alison Williams, their songs are memorable enough to have lasted this long, when they were, sadly, barely recognised at the time.

For those who can't afford, let alone 'find' an original copy, this is definitely the next best thing and guaranteed to be a strong collectors piece in its own right.

• 100% official release, fully authorized by the band. • Remastered original tapes. • Contains 12-page LP sized booklet with many unseen photo's from band members personal archives. • Includes replica's of both Mellow Candle's rare 7"s. Dan the Wing features the ultra rare promo sleeve, which was only recently known to exist. • Contains a second disc of pre-Swaddling Songs demo recordings.

Swaddling Songs original 1972 LP Side One – Heaven Heath/Sheep Season/Silversong/The Poet & The Witch/Messenger Birds/Dan The Wing

Side Two - Reverend Sisters/Break Your Token/Buy or Beware/Vile Excesses/Lonely Man/Boulders on My Grave/

Bonus LP Demo's & Unreleased late 60s/early 70's

Side One – Dan The Wing (demo)/Waterman Weatherman (unreleased demo)/Buy or Beware (demo)/Heaven Heath (demo)/Sheep Season (demo)/ Break Your Token (demo)/Lonely Man (demo)

Side Two – Silver Song (demo)/Poet & The Witch (demo)/ Boulders on my Grave (demo)/ Crabtree (unreleased demo)/Pretty Polly (unreleased demo)/ Faustus (unreleased demo)/ Mobile Line (unreleased demo)

Bonus 7" number one. Feeling High/Tea With The Sun (1968)

Feeling High/ Tea With The Sun

Bonus 7" number two. Dan the Wing/ Silversong in extremely rare picture sleeve (1972)

Dan The Wing/ Silversong

Sold Out!

Redditor Lucis Aeternae