Peavey Butcher death/thrash tones

Started by hashbrowns, October 26, 2011, 03:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Dont be callin' people morons, man. He's just foolin'.  We all do it. Stick around a while, we prod one another often. Gear is so subjective, and we all vary. Just be cool.

I play a jcm800, for the record. I just love me some Peavey.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 26, 2011, 07:28:44 PMVery few want a Fender though.

Metal dudes don't care about Fender amps. But that's a small minority ;)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

At_Giza

Yeah, then they find out what a Marshall is.  :P Or they find out that when it's stripped down it's more like a Fender Bassman then they realized. The fuck is it with people not wanting a Fender amp? Seriously, I want to get a Bassman just so I can run effects through it. Great platform. :P

But yeah... Whatever.

I'm not going to even bother getting into the "Br00tals Def Meatlz usan Peaveez" argument that seems to have been put out.  :P

VOLVO)))

Ampeg vh-140c, ampeg vl1002, and JCM800S with a boss hm-2 = swedish death metal tone.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2011, 07:58:07 PM
Ampeg vh-140c, ampeg vl1002, and JCM800S with a boss hm-2 = swedish death metal tone.

don't forget the peavey bandit!

At_Giza

I imagine the only reason that Peaveys were used is because they were relatively cheap and the SS amps had the most disgusting (quite literally) distortion ever.

RAGER

Yep I love poking fun about Peavey.  Just for the record I own 3 pcs of Peavey gear, one of which is a bass amp that I love.  I also own a 72 Orange.  And (gasp) I have Fenders too and some other various other stuff.  And yes I have a very "soughts" after 1969 Marshall Super Bass metal panel.  Same exact guts as a Plexi.  And fuck you Sunno))))), it can run a full 20 minutes before crapping out.  And man does it sound bad fucking ass
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I cant even get a full four minutes, what's your secret, moron?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2011, 08:05:43 PM
I cant even get a full four minutes, what's your secret, moron?

you're the moron if you don't know!!

do you house yours in a fridge?

VOLVO)))

98.6 degrees like all men. I think its because i get warmed up so fast, I just cant handle it. I usually eat a sandwich after, then it works again.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Hal, ya moron!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

PEAVEY......until I can get a MARSHALL
No Focus Pocus

At_Giza

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2011, 08:11:30 PM
Hal, ya moron!

At least I a gear moron.  ;D

hashbrowns

I'm not taking this too seriously either haha. I like all sorts of amps I just found a good deal on this one and it's got the power I need so I'll make it work. I'm glad it's got a tight overdrive. Sounds like a really versatile amplifier.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

justinhedrick

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 08:11:35 PM
PEAVEY......until I can get a MARSHALL

i will probably never own a marshall 800. so little low end.

Hemisaurus

The reason Marshall's sounded so much better than Fenders to many people is not the amp, but the cabinet. If Fender had made their combo's closed back, they would have sounded a lot ballsier.

The thing about amps, is even something as small as changing the value of a coupling cap, can alter the tone of the whole amp, forget EL34 vs. 6L6 or whether Dagnall's sound better than Partridge vs. whatever the heck Fender were using, just changing a cap value can do it.

VOLVO)))

Mine is a beast. Has the same low end as my T... just sayin'

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

What was that pink Behringer pedal again, the HM-2 replacer?

every time I listen to this clip, I dig out my Entombed CD's again.

VOLVO)))

Hm300 or something?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

Yeah i like the sound of all those behringer old school clones. They have one for the fz-2 or whatever that pedal that the guy from ewiz supposedly uses. It also sounds pretty spot on. Thats one of the nice things about a butcher is that I've heard that it takes distortion and fuzz boxes well so I could go for that swedish tone if I wanted.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

spookstrickland

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2011, 08:30:32 PM
Mine is a beast. Has the same low end as my T... just sayin'

Peavey's seem to have some great low end.  My VTX has the most low end of any amp I've ever played.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

Ashdown, mine has the most low end, even without the subharmonic on, probably explains why Tim Bagshaw still uses his, even thoiugh he's switched instruments ;D

SpaceTrucker

Peaveys have GREAT lowend for guitar amps, My vtm's Transformers go down to 50 hz. And that muther sounds great on bass too. Of course I have a hiwatt inspired cab. Slot Ports on the back. Shallow. But bassy as hell even with the bass on my vtm120 at 0.