Anyone picking up Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?

Started by grimniggzy, November 03, 2011, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

I got suckered into spending $120 on this including the Elite thing.
Only way I could justify it is b/c I've been playing free games on my modded PS3 for a while and this is pretty much the only game I play on Xbox anymore.

Gamertag: Dark Grimmzy
(because I had to change it :()

CanookieWookie

I will for my son.  Himself & his friends are diehard gamers.

bitter

Yeah. Gamestop called today to confirm all the details of my pre-order. I guess they're having some big release with 2 dj's and the salesgirl's making cupcakes or something  ???

I got $50 trade in on old games towards the pre-order so the elite edition will cost the same out of pocket as the reg. edition. Most of those games were xbox360 and that red-ringed a couple years back so I switched to the ps3.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

I'll never deal with PSN again. My PS3 actually does more than collect dust now that it's modded. Only thing is I can't play most new games since I'm on the old firmware but I just saw yesterday that Uncharted 3 has a fix for it so, no biggie.

bitter

PSN has its issues that's for sure. It works for now so I'll stick with it. Uncharted 3 looks killer BTW. I hope MW3 doesn't suck, it's really a 50/50 shot from what I've seen/heard in my research.

grimniggzy

I never really had an intensive time with PSN, I just can't sign in b/c my system is modded and it might brick the damn thing if I do.
Either way, I value free games on PS3 more than going online on PS3.

grimniggzy

I will say that Metal Gear Online sucked though.

bitter

By "brick" do mean the entire ps3 gets messed up or just the mod? I assume the latter to prevent cheating or hacking online games?

grimniggzy

Meaning my PS3 may just never work again if I log into PSN. I could un-mod it if I wanted to go online again but I don't see that happening.
On Xbox it was a little different they would just lock your Xbox from ever going online again if they found out you had a mod on it. Which IMO totally screws the 360 up, since I mainly play Call of Duty online on there.
For now I'm totally happy catching up on games I'd rather not buy for Xbox and just downloading them to play on PS3

bitter

wow that I didn't realize.

I remember back in the early days of MW2, there was a hack that was spread throughout lobbies. It involved unlimited ammo/rapid fire weapons. You could shoot infinite full auto noob tubes, it was pandemonium. I dug it because everyone in the lobby had it so it wasn't cheap or cheating. Just super fun arcadey stuff. some people got their accounts banned for that even though it wasn't their faults as it was spread from lobby to lobby. I wish they would have made a separate game type just for that, simply because it was fun.

grimniggzy

Quote from: bitter end on November 04, 2011, 02:40:27 PM
wow that I didn't realize.

I remember back in the early days of MW2, there was a hack that was spread throughout lobbies. It involved unlimited ammo/rapid fire weapons. You could shoot infinite full auto noob tubes, it was pandemonium. I dug it because everyone in the lobby had it so it wasn't cheap or cheating. Just super fun arcadey stuff. some people got their accounts banned for that even though it wasn't their faults as it was spread from lobby to lobby. I wish they would have made a separate game type just for that, simply because it was fun.

Oh god, that sounds horrible. I hate noob tubes. Reminds me of a video I watched the other day where they hacked 50 people into a Free-For-All match on that small ass map called Shipment. People just kept chucking grenades, you couldn't even spawn without dying right away.

bitter

yeah I dont like noob tubes either. I didn't even unlock them in black ops. that was just an extreme case like your video where it was pure nightmare-gasming action/explosions.

grimniggzy

multiplayer seems aiight.
thats all I've played so far.