Drums and Bass needed in Providence, RI

Started by Wesogkan, November 07, 2011, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesogkan

Looking for someone 25+ who is good at odd timings and changes, someone experienced who can play slow and fast. Aiming for somewhere between Electric Wizard and Mastodon...and many things in between.

http://www.reverbnation.com/wesogkan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

i recommend kidnapping clutch's drummer. glad to have been a REAL help here.

btw, is zappa plays zappa touring thru your town?  trade clutch's drummer for theirs if they do.

that slo-mo vid got me thinking.....
i wonder just how frickin thunderous you could get drums to sound if you recorded them double speed played double-time (like on my yamaha 4 track cassette had 2 tape speeds) then mixed them using low speed, but now timed correctly

Lumpy

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 07, 2011, 09:34:49 AM

I wonder if he has any health problems or pain from playing with his shoulder tilted up like that.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

Jojo, I don't know, really. He's a hell of a player, and he's a fantastic teacher... Watch some of his shit, if you aren't familiar. He's super versatile.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Wesogkan

Wow, no serious replies...how encouraging.

VOLVO)))

Perhaps nobody is interested, and I was bumping your thread to keep it up top for a little while before it fades to the bottom with the rest of the uninteresting topics? cool.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

zachoff

Quote from: Wesogkan on December 27, 2011, 11:54:16 PM
Wow, no serious replies...how encouraging.

Drummers for this style of music are so hard to find, man.  You get either the blast beat metal guys or the brush playing jazz guys depending how you word your ad.  I know where you're coming from and feel your pain, but there are so few people here that it's like a one in a billion chance you'll find your guy (or girl).  Not at all trying to be a dick, but this isn't a great place for "musician wanted" type posts.  Feel free to hang out, talk about music, weed, gear, or whatever though... That's generally what we do.