Anyone ever break out an old game/system?

Started by foundry37, December 31, 2010, 03:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foundry37

I mean Playstation One old. I dusted a few from my basement
Die Hard Trilogy(graphics are horrible)
Suikoden(rpg that I am totally onto right now)
FF VII(havent started it yet but I think I have a few old games saved on memory card)

kingdragon

PSOne is old? I still play mine loads!

I like to bust out NES/SNES a lot.

And i'm only 22, so its not like I'm an old bastard saying this haha

Ranbat

Actually, the PS1 is the main one I play. Although, I just picked up a Dreamcast and was amazed at how much better the graphics are over the PS1. I have been picking up alot of the classic games for my PS1 though because they're cheap. I don't mind the graphics really, it's all way better than alot of the arcade games I used to play and especially Atari.

Speaking of the Dreamcast, you can still play online. There's a site for that with forums and online gaming. I think all they really play though is like Phantasy Star, Quake and maybe Unreal Tournament.
Meh :/

EddieMullet

I have an Atari 5200 complete with Trak Ball controller hooked up in the jam room in my house.

Still the best way to play Missile Command outside of finding a still working arcade machine.

foundry37

Quote from: Ranbat on January 01, 2011, 09:52:49 PM
Speaking of the Dreamcast, you can still play online. There's a site for that with forums and online gaming. I think all they really play though is like Phantasy Star, Quake and maybe Unreal Tournament.
I just picked up a X-Box at my local Goodwill for 3 bucks. Works great. But no more online play.
I saw a Dreamcast in the same store. I should snatch it up and try Phantasy Star Online.

Ranbat

I think the only reason they get away with online play is because Sega dropped it. There may be some geeks over there with a sever set up for XBOX.

No XBOX, but they do seem to have Gamecube and PS2. Click in the upper left had corner(GC box or PS2 box) for other systems besides Dreamcast.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php
Meh :/

peyotepeddler

use to have almost every system since the commodore, but emulation is so much easier

Narco Pollo

I still have my Sega Genesis, and Turbo Graphix 16, but not all the cords.  I'm pretty sure they still work.  I grew out of video games around the time ps1 came out.  That's also about the same time video games became like a job, and stopped being fun unless you do X amount of hours to unlock blah de blah.
Drug Chicken

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

giantchris

I play FF2 FF3 Chrono Trigger original Mario Kart Secret of Mana Super Metroid all the time!  I wish I still had Secret of Evermore I always liked that game.

Isabellacat

I like playing my old Atari 2600 still and a year ago someone gave me a Vectrex and it still works. I also have an Atari 5200, it works but the controller for it is broken. Bought a Colecovision off Ebay a few months back. LOve playing Q*Bert on that.

Still have my old NES too and like 80 games. Got Kirby's Adventure still sealed in the box too.

EddieMullet

Hey Kitty,

What is broken on the controller for the 5200?  Do the buttons not work, or is the stick broken?

I might be able to help you out.

Isabellacat

Quote from: EddieMullet on April 22, 2011, 09:55:18 PM
Hey Kitty,

What is broken on the controller for the 5200?  Do the buttons not work, or is the stick broken?

I might be able to help you out.

i have'nt tried playing my 5200 since last summer 2010. Last time I tried....the games and the system works perfectly but the controller is still broken. it's the buttons,especially the fire buttons although the controller still moves.i have to keep pressing the start button alot to get it to play. :-[ Only game i can play now i think is Pacman as the rest are useless without the fire buttons.

i've got cool games for that too: Berzerk(it even talks lol), Centipede, Dig Dug, Gremlins,Star Wars, Pengo and some others.

EddieMullet

Here's how to fix that.

Cut out some pieces of aluminum foil about the size of the fire button.

Carefully pull the rubber button out just enough so you can slip the piece of foil under it.  The foil should lay flat on the surface of the inside of the controller underneath the button. Push the button back into place and try it.

If one piece doesn't do it, put another one on top of the other one. 

This should fix the fire buttons, this should work with the start, pause and reset buttons too, but you have to be really careful they are harder to pry out without damaging them.

Let me know if it worked.

yeezuz

Quote from: peyotepeddler on February 04, 2011, 12:06:04 AM
use to have almost every system since the commodore, but emulation is so much easier
i still want this tho...

EddieMullet

I have a Commodore 64, I need the MIDI interface that plugs into the cartridge slot and I can set it up with my Sequential Circuits Six Trak keyboard and Drumtraks drum machine and run some real old school MIDI.  Save all my shit on 5 1/4 floppy discs and everything yes I have the software and the disc drive too and it all works, just need that damn MIDI thing.

grimniggzy

Send me your Die Hard Trilogy, I'll pay postage.
Loved that fucking game.

peoplething

I've been thinking about picking up an Odyssey 2, but everything I find is ~150 bucks refurbished.

too expensive

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

mortlock

i break out asteroids and galaga once in awhile..

johnny problem

I'm itching to bust out my SNES and play some Ken Griffey Jr. presents Major League Baseball.  So fun to play.

Volume

I played Master of Orion 2 (1993?) last week. I have a nice collection of old DOS games, lots of great stuff there.

grimniggzy

Quote from: johnny problem on June 20, 2011, 01:37:18 AM
I'm itching to bust out my SNES and play some Ken Griffey Jr. presents Major League Baseball.  So fun to play.

ah shit, this games the truth.

Pundan

I collect NES games and have about a hundred or so. It's not a super serious collection, but I rarely play those games sadly. I have a dream though to convert the bedroom of my apartment into a room where I have an old CRT-monitor just for older games, 1080p doesn't really give justice to 320x240 :/.

I still fiddle around with old PSOne games and Dreamcast games though, rarely play PS3 games anymore..

JemDooM

Hell yes! I have my PS1 with FFVII in, its probably my favourite game ever, im in the middle of playing it through for the second time, the last time I played it was like 15 years ago, the final battle is amazing, the first time round I was barely even levelled up because I used to run away from battles all the way through but I think it made for a better fight to the end! I just wish I had as much time as I used to and the stomach for as much junk, I used to sit up every night til 3am playing it while guzzling hell knows how much vimto and biscuits :x

I also recently bought a sega on Ebay purely for the purpose of playing Toejam & Earl, also one of my favourite games ever, it was really awesome until my rabbit ate the power cable :(
DooM!

Jor el

I wish I would've held onto my Sega Saturn just for the Virtua Cop shenanigans.
What Would Scooby Do ?