Bolt Thrower

Started by Dr. Skeeter, November 28, 2011, 11:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Skeeter

My favorite death metal band. Incantation being second. What do you guys think?

From their early crust/death/grind and now the death-death/doom style. They are definitely the cream of the crop for what they do. Much love.

War Master, In Battle There is No Law!, and the IVth Crusade are regularly spun.

GodShifter

If they qualify as "death metal" then, yep, they're my favorite, too. Great band with consistent releases.

fallen

One of my all time favorites.

I love the old stuff and then they evolved into starting to play lead melodies over the rhythm parts.

The intro to No Guts, No Glory with the tank main gun firing is one of the all time greats.

hashbrowns

I fuckin love this band dude. I love all their work.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

hashbrowns

I remember when Those Once Loyal dropped it totally blew my mind. These dudes are so doomy and groovy they really were one of the first bands that made me realize that I loved death metal. Before discovering this band I had this idea that all death metal was sweep picking and triggered double kick blast beats.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Dr. Skeeter

Yeah, I used to rehearse with the band in the mid 80s until that bitch came in and sucked all their dicks. She's been on bass ever since. I can't blaim em. She gave wicked head.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: hashbrowns on December 01, 2011, 12:11:51 PM

This ^. I'll also add that fans of trad. doom/NWOBHM/trad. metal who were always curious about death metal but were initially turned off by Cookie Monster vocals and blasty blast beats should check out Bolt Thrower....
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

hashbrowns

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 02, 2011, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: hashbrowns on December 01, 2011, 12:11:51 PM

This ^. I'll also add that fans of trad. doom/NWOBHM/trad. metal who were always curious about death metal but were initially turned off by Cookie Monster vocals and blasty blast beats should check out Bolt Thrower....

Yeah man I grew up on priest, maiden, acdc, sabbath, and shit like that so I was put off at first by the inaudible (to my inexperienced ears) riffs and growly vox. Bolt thrower was definitely the band to turn me on to death metal. After that I slowly progressed towards more and more brutal bands until now I like pretty much all forms of death metal besides the stuff thats way too technical and jazzy.