What is the best way to handle this?

Started by bbottom, December 02, 2011, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

So I left my band recently due to the guitar player being unstable, unreliable and well... just lazy. I can get into the details but it isn't totally necessary for this story.....perhaps when I have more time I'll indulge everyone. Let's just say that the guy is 34 going on 9.

Like I said I left the band.  About a week or two went by and I decided to throw an ad on craigslist to find a guitar player and drummer who want to play music more to my liking.
Here is my original ad:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/muc/2729641921.html

Sabbath/Clutch/Red Fang/Sleep/Orange Goblin/Fu Manchu (Elizabethtown)

Hopefully the few bands that I posted grabbed you attention.

Are you a fan of big fuzzed out volcanic riffs? Do you enjoy songs about outer-space and muscle cars? Well if so then you should contact me ASAP... especially if you're a guitar player and/or drummer. Let's get together, jam and see where it goes.

I posted that ad about two days ago. Well I went onto craigslist today and someone (either the guitar player...most likely or the ex drummer... kind of doubtful) Reposted my exact same ad, twice. So now not only does it kind of make  me like a dick, also if someone is interested more than likely they will contact one of these other two ads that they placed thinking that they are by the same poster.

So short of driving to the guitar players place after work and punching his face off....which is what I want to do...what are some other alternatives?

Chovie D

1. dont even acknowledge it, take down your old ad, move on, post another ad that reveals less about who you are.
2. flag their ads till they go away
3. punch face out

I suggest #1

(those dudes are obviously dickwads, but its not worth your time)

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Fuck 'em, feed 'em fish heads.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

Repost and throw in a quick sentence about the duplicate ad, specifying yours is yours...you can do that and take a high road pretty easily... (you know, without going into douchery or catfighting or whatnot which is what they obviously want)

If you posted that in my region I'd be all over them shits. Mind if I steal your copy ?  ha
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Set up a new Hotmail account (takes 2 seconds) and answer their ad, say something minimal like you're a drummer with experience, and wanna find out more. See what they say after that.

Also, you can always just try answering other people's ads. Seems like a bunch of people in NJ want to play stoner/doom.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

Quote from: Lumpy on December 02, 2011, 07:08:05 PM
Set up a new Hotmail account (takes 2 seconds) and answer their ad, say something minimal like you're a drummer with experience, and wanna find out more. See what they say after that.

Also, you can always just try answering other people's ads. Seems like a bunch of people in NJ want to play stoner/doom.

I have one of those for craigslist trolling (not for music-related ads mind you). Has come in handy when I knew the person, and saw them blatantly lying about their item(s), which would have resulted in someone online getting ripped off. Its my infamous Dirk Dirkwood yahoo account. Mr. Dirkwood is a cold motherfucker but always worth the laughs.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

James1214

Quote from: bbottom on December 02, 2011, 03:38:48 PM

So short of driving to the guitar players place after work and punching his face off....which is what I want to do...what are some other alternatives?

my vote is fistfuck his woman, but thats just me....

or punch him in the gunt
words

bbottom

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 02, 2011, 06:32:36 PM
Repost and throw in a quick sentence about the duplicate ad, specifying yours is yours...you can do that and take a high road pretty easily... (you know, without going into douchery or catfighting or whatnot which is what they obviously want)

If you posted that in my region I'd be all over them shits. Mind if I steal your copy ?  ha

Yea I wasn't going to get into with them online, that just reeks of childishness. Some of the guys at another forum that I go to have been flagging the posts and it looks like their is only one left.

You're more than welcome to use the ad if you'd like  :)

Quote from: Lumpy on December 02, 2011, 07:08:05 PM

I just may  do that to the other ad that is still posted.

Andrew Blakk

Well flag their ads and post new ones.

Since you already taken the step to move along I guess there's no sence in getting even? Even though they might be assholes... One of the things I've learned over the years being in bands is focusing on getting things done and not being so pissed off when people messed with me for various reasons. I will get my shit togheter while they usually get nowhere lol...

How come the band didn't fire the other guitarist? Not my business though... :)

bbottom

Quote from: Andrew Blakk on December 03, 2011, 08:34:35 AM
Well flag their ads and post new ones.

Since you already taken the step to move along I guess there's no sence in getting even? Even though they might be assholes... One of the things I've learned over the years being in bands is focusing on getting things done and not being so pissed off when people messed with me for various reasons. I will get my shit togheter while they usually get nowhere lol...

How come the band didn't fire the other guitarist? Not my business though... :)

Their were only three of us. The drummer was out of the loop of the whole thing so chances are that by the time I decided that i didn't want to deal with guitardo anymore, he was already told a bunch of bs by the guitar player.

It's all sooooo damn stupid.

bbottom

If you guys could help me flag the last fake ad I would really appreciate it, thanks

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/muc/2731600818.html

Baltar

I gave it 20 clicks.  Some clown did this to me here in Barrie, but it was more like personal slander.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: yesca on December 02, 2011, 04:31:03 PM
try bandmix.com
No, don't.

bandmix.com is a scam, you post your information, only to find in order for someone to respond to you, they need to pay a membership fee, in order for you to respond to someone else, you need to pay a membership fee.

pissed me off no end that did.

bbottom

Quote from: Baltar on December 03, 2011, 01:25:46 PM
I gave it 20 clicks.  Some clown did this to me here in Barrie, but it was more like personal slander.

Thanks dude.

I,Galactus

GALACTUS!

I flagged the fakers for ya.  Shit sucks; I would respond to your ad in a heartbeat.  Best of luck man.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

bbottom

Quote from: I,Galactus on December 05, 2011, 09:08:39 AM
GALACTUS!

I flagged the fakers for ya.  Shit sucks; I would respond to your ad in a heartbeat.  Best of luck man.

Thanks man. Something tells me that I may need to consider packing up and moving to a place that is more "stoner rock" friendly.

hashbrowns

Quote from: bbottom on December 05, 2011, 10:06:06 AM
Thanks man. Something tells me that I may need to consider packing up and moving to a place that is more "stoner rock" friendly.

Do iiiit.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

bbottom

Oh it just keeps getting better and better.

So I posted a different ad on craigslist last night to see what kind of responses I would get.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/muc/2736353689.html

Bass player located in the Harrisburg area interested in joining a band. I'm open to the genre (except metal) at this point. Send me a message and tell me more about your band and we can go from there. Thanks

Well today I got an email from guitardo (keep in mind he didn't know that he was responding to my ad)

Hello,
My band, Mass Driver, is currently searching for a bassist. We're focusing mainly on original music , although we aren't opposed to adding a few covers at some point. You can check out some rough samples of our music at the following link, to see if it's something you'd be interested in:

http://www.reverbnation.com/massdriverinc

I wouldn't really consider it to be metal. It's more like heavy modern rock or something along those lines.

We're basically looking for someone who is reliable and willing to put some effort into working on the music. Our previous bassist simply refused to learn how to play our riffs, refused to learn cover songs, and was always either late and/or hungover at practice.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/muc/2736353689.html

That last paragraph fucking kills me. I wrote all of the music, did all of the promoting, wrote the lyrics and sang, compossed the music and got us shows. I was also always on time, never hung over, and wanted to practice more... on top of working 60+ hours per week. He was the one that never wanted to practice and is lazy as fuck. Holy Santa Claus Shit!!!!

So let me ask you all this.... how should I approach this now? Because I'm thinking a good throat punch is in order.

Lumpy

I would just move on with another project, and stop thinking about the other dude completely.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

I agree with lumpy. If he was gonna be petty like that and make up stories in order to put himself in a better light, it shows how immature the guy really is. He could have just left it at "we need a new bass player", but used the opportunity instead to sling mud. Just move on, do your own thing, and forget the guy.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

bbottom

Quote from: RAGER on December 05, 2011, 01:06:53 PM
you need a better drummer anyways.

ha

Yea I'm totally done with the whole thing. I guess I was just taken back by the total douchebaggery that he is throwing around and needed to vent a bit