Post pics of your practice space!

Started by Discö Rice, December 04, 2011, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal and Beer

Yep, that's a 150, Kiffin from Rwake owns it now. Except for the full-stacks on the ends and the Peavey Ultra, that stuff was all mine. I caught GES* so it's all gone but the 8x10. Hey do we know each other? I saw you mention Arkansas, it'd be weird if we didn't know one another at this point haha

* Gear Expulsion Syndrome
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

blackkrosses

We have met, briefly. My band played a show with Seahag and Deadbird a couple of years ago. Brian Mercer did a poster for it. And I believe Tom Sweet Band came through a couple of months later and played with us. You partied with Nasty Nate (in my band) over at Chuck's the first night. I was too drunk to speak so I bowed out early that evening.

Metal and Beer

Ah, cool, you must be in Queen Beast? I have that Mercer print hanging up about four feet away from me right now. Were you the other guitarist in QB ?

blackkrosses

Si, senor. Me llamo Beau. I was dressed as the gay cowboy.

Metal and Beer

Cheers Beau, I reckon you dressed like that to git under Nate's skin?   :P

blackkrosses

Yup. That and because I look good as a gay cowboy.

Metal and Beer

black

"...I look good as a gay cowboy."

applauded.

*edit' do we need a seperate thread for posting pictures dressed as a gay cowboy or can we do it here?

(asking for a friend)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

apekillman

Hey metal Dave,  did / does the drummer play with his kit set up like that?  The snare is pretty far to his left.

Metal and Beer

Nah, I think I moved it to cram that little Marshall Mosfet half stack in there..

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 19, 2011, 09:10:27 PM
Nah, I think I moved it to cram that little Marshall Mosfet half stack in there..

ALL HAIL THE ETERNAL MOSFET.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 19, 2011, 09:31:47 PM
Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 19, 2011, 09:10:27 PM

ALL HAIL THE ETERNAL MOSFET.

EXCELLSIOR!

Hemisaurus

Poor sad empty racks, you must buy more gear to fill them and make them happy ;)

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Why are the drums kept hidden from me?! I GROW WEARY OF THIS GUITAR-CENTRIC NINCOMPOOPERY!!!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

chille01

Hemi... if they were my racks, they would be full.  But they aren't.  They belong to the guy that runs the place.

Lumpy... it is a sweet setup, but it ain't all ours.  The above mentioned owner of the racks runs the place.  Basically, the overhead pushes about $1500 a month on it (we know, because we looked at signing the lease ourselves at one point).  We pay $200 a month for one night a week, and a couple other bands do the same.  Then this guy is responsible for the rest.  I think he's got a misguided dream of turning the place into a profitable recording studio, and I wish him luck, but I don't see it happening.  You can see what he's got for gear, and the room itself isn't sound proof enough for a proper recording room.  You can hear people stomp down the hallway outside it.  Not such a big deal when you're tracking loud drums and amps, but if you wanted to do acoustic stuff or vocal takes.  I've seen him run maybe six sessions since he took over the lease about a year ago.  Still, it's a good deal for us, because we get a proper, nice jam room without having to put our own asses on the line.  I've jammed in way too many nasty, piss smelling rooms with bare studs and a naked lightbulb.   Oh... and I can walk there from where I live.

Disco... the drums are nothing special.  They could be with a little TLC I think, but as they stand right now it's just a beater kit.  Old Slingerland's from the 70's.  Plenty of pics of them on our facebook page (link below).  Also, all of the songs on that page were recorded in that very room, and mixed in my dining room (with my own, more populated racks Hemi.)

http://www.facebook.com/thebelushis

The Riffer

Snapped this pic this evening. Not really a practice spot, since I am bandless at the moment. I practice here though, and damn do I need it. I guess more than a practice spot, this is where the testing majick happens.

68 Bassman 50w (2x6L6)
68 Sunn Spectrum II ( 2x KT88)
72 Bassman 100(4x6L6)
68 Bassman 50 Cab -2x15 , has original squareback speakers. The Bassman 100 and this cab with a USA P sounds like satans personal rig.

Modified to hell Epi Valve Jr.
VJr Cab, Weber Fane
Emperor 212, UK Greenbacks

Dunwich Metro(2XKT66)
Marshall 1994 SL Re-Issue(4x6550), I just got this on a trade, unsure of its abilities at this time.
Emperor OS 212's Top cab Weber 65's, Bottom cab Emi Swamp Thangs.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Discö Rice

The things we do for our loved ones...

This is the new space I share with Lumpy. Notice the dead pedal sitting atop the dead subwoofer cab on the right. :(

Lump dog built some bad ass shelves on the other side of the room. Handy motherfucker, that guy.

Lumpy

Thanks for breaking your kit down all the time*  :-*

*(because it takes up an entire room)  :o
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Lumpy, for you I'd do it if it only took up 7/8 of the room.  ;D

neighbor664

bitter

Holy shit! you gotta ping pong table?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

rayinreverse

My practice space is a recrording studio. I don't have any pics,but Iota,Dwellers, and Eagle Twin have all cut records in it,so its got wicked cool points.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: bitter on March 17, 2012, 12:38:28 AM
Holy shit! you gotta ping pong table?

Yeah, a real nice one. Killerspin.

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.