Main Menu

Free Stuff Thread!

Started by clockwork green, December 06, 2011, 04:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

I've got stuff at home I never use and some of it really isn't worth enough to fuss over selling it do I'd feel better just giving it away. I'm at work now but when I get home I'll put some stuff up that I'll only ask for shipping money in return. I have a lot of pickups, a pedal or two, strings I'll never use and possible even a cabinet or two I'd be willing to part with just to help some folks out. So, I'll post picks and such in a few hours along with a detailed list of freebies. Anybody care to join in?

MESSAGE FROM SUNNO))): SPECIFY WHAT YOU WANT FROM WHO WHEN POSTING!  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

(sorry for the modifying of your post, Josh!)
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Metal and Beer

I've got a shitload of new strings I'll never use, mainly plain lights, like 9's through 20-ish's, but there's some wound 20-ish's too...also have a humbucker of unknown make/origin I don't need..

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

Quote from: clockwork green on December 06, 2011, 04:45:59 PM
I've got stuff at home I never use and some of it really isn't worth enough to fuss over selling it do I'd feel better just giving it away. I'm at work now but when I get home I'll put some stuff up that I'll only ask for shipping money in return. I have a lot of pickups, a pedal or two, strings I'll never use and possible even a cabinet or two I'd be willing to part with just to help some folks out. So, I'll post picks and such in a few hours along with a detailed list of freebies. Anybody care to join in?

Definitely interested in pedals.

franksnbeans

I can use some strings and I can pick them up.

Lumpy

I have a set of straplocks, and 4 unused Gibson witch hat knobs (<--- can't find either of these right away, but I know I have them somewhere. I will keep looking.)

pedal couplers (metal) both straight and offset. 2 or 3 of each.

special end adapters for 1 Spot/Godlyke daisy chains (for Line 6 pedals, Boss, 9 volt, old school mini plug, center positive...) you can't have a whole set but if you just want a certain one or two, let me know.

Arion and Danelectro (Fish & Chips) compressors

DOD Supra Distortion
(sounds fine if you keep the distortion level dialed back, and use it more as an OD)

DOD Gate/Loop pedal (FX 30-B)

Tilt-back 'axles' for a Ampeg fridge cabinet (screw holes didn't line up with my cab, so I just took the rubber wheels off 'em -- that was all I needed, anyway. Home depot might have had the rubber replacement wheels, that was what I was told. Old rubber wheels included, so you know what size to shop for (they cracked from old age).
http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_50&products_id=1149

Printable decal paper (for pedal builders). White or clear. If you need one 8x11 sheet, let me know. Limited supply.

Short 1/4 inch cables with straight plugs. I mostly use right angle plugs now. Two 1-footers, one 3 footer available.

AC adapters (wall warts) for various. Ask for something specific, I might have it.

RCA cables for a stereo components hookup (tape deck to receiver, etc). A few.

11" plastic cable ties, good for securing certain pedals to a pedal board, permanently securing cables etc etc. I bought a 100 piece bag, have some leftovers.

Monitor cam (off topic) and computer cables (USB, internet). DSL adapter for wall phone outlet (off topic)

Please trade me something for these if possible. A pedal, guitar strap, strings, something.
Behringer Ultra Feedbacker - received in trade, looks new. I don't know how well it works, I couldn't get much excitement from it with my setup within 5 minutes, so I gave up.
Electro-Faustus Guitar Disruptor pedal (adds pure noise)
Bent-It dual oscillator with light sensitive control options (no input, output only. good for sci-fi sounds)

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

Quote from: clockwork green on December 06, 2011, 04:45:59 PMpossible even a cabinet or two I'd be willing to part with just to help some folks out.

My totally irresponsible guitar player* needs a halfway decent 1x12 open-back cabinet. He's got an inefficient/beat 2x12 cab that he can't carry himself. He won't even buy himself new strings, so buying a cabinet is unlikely.

*guy I complained about before. I've actually given him a bunch of pedals and a 1Spot adapter (which he immediately lost). At this point, I have to cut him off for my own sanity, but if there is a freebie/trade involved, maybe it could happen.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bass sic

I could really use a strap...

With an LPS hanging on it.

VOLVO)))

Fuck yes, killer thread! Ill dig through my shit when I get home and post up a buncha stuff.

Anyone got Floyd bars/nut locks, holler at me!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 06, 2011, 07:18:08 PM
Fuck yes, killer thread! Ill dig through my shit when I get home and post up a buncha stuff.

Anyone got Floyd bars/nut locks? holler at me!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

I'd take any pickups or beat up shitty cabinets! Also I need to stock up on heavy gauge strings. Help the unemployed!!!!   ;D. Also if anyone wants a practice amp let me know. I got one that I need to get rid of. It's ugly and decrepit but it'll do for home practice.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

James1214

i have a shit ton of corian, number of colors. good for nuts, inlays, other shit.... if ya need a piece lemme know. Id be happy to send anyone a blank which could be used as a nut free of charge, anything bigger than about 1x3 inches is too heavy to be shipped via a stamp so if ya want a substantial piece we should work out a trade or something.
words

clockwork green

Gibson Tony Iommi bridge pickup....caution, works but the leads are super short so you'll have to extend them...yours for the shipping cost.

DiMarzio D-Activator pickup set....came in a guitar of mine...yours for the shipping cost

RS Guitarworks 2xVolume and 1xTone pot kit for shipping:

various string sets...I know I have more somewhere but I'll have to find them...I'll even ship them for free if you really want them and actually use these sizes

Ibanez Soundtank auto wah and DOD death metal pedal...costs about $10 to ship pedals across the country...$5 for the west coast.

Rewiring a cab? these are some fancy Cardas speaker cables...I just don't want to deal with them.

I don't have a picture but I have a Sunn 212LH cab I'll give to someone but they've got to come pick it up.  It's in West Oakland, it's empty and I'd really rather it go to someone that's actually going to use it rather than put it in a giant gear pile.  The cost is 1 beer at one of the gigs you use it at.  Hell, I might even find some speakers for it.  It comes with internal rope lights!

This OctaBass doesn't work.  I barely used it and it's been collecting dust for years.  I can't imagine too bad happened to it but there's a lot of crap in there so I'm not going to attempt to fix it and I really don't play bass anymore.

James1214

josh, ill walk down the hall for that cab. im there tomorrow, and ill bring ya a brew or 2
words

clockwork green

James, you got it. I probably won't be down there for a week, I'll even see if I can find some speakers unless you want your own.

VOLVO)))

That Iommi is a winner. Hopefully someone gets it and makes great use of it.

I'll take those Diactivators. I'd like 'em for my Jackson dinky.

EDIT: Soon as I put those Diactivators in, a perfect condish Duncan SH-4 comes onto the free market.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Alright, cocksuckers, I definitely have more to put up tomorrow or the next day, but this is what I've got in my room right now. Errthang is shipped on your dime, or trade.

Univox Uniwah, kinda works, kinda sucks. Empty RAT2 case (RAGER,) Morely Wah-volume, works, volume doesn't? Odd.

wahhhh

strat setup minus middle, and a goofy pot metal trem block.

Pickups, quick connect EMG HZ, worked last time I had it. No name random pickup.

Anyone with a badgeless bedwa?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

James1214

Rad, just lemme know when you'll be down there. As far as speakers go I wouldnt say no to it, however I'd feel obligated to offer you something in compensation.
words

VOLVO)))

Are we witnessing a bro-date hook-up? This is so cute.

Ok, enough from me. :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

I'd like that Distortion+, if you don't want it, yo.

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

VOLVO)))

Done, girly. PM me your infoz.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

hashbrowns

Clockwork i'd definitely take you up on those strings I actually prefer 11's and 12's over anything else cause I like to tune to A and B standard. Plus I'm always snapping them cause I like to bend up whole steps and shake the string once I'm there haha. Also I'd pay to have those pedals and that Iommi pickup shipped. My guitars need new pickups BADLY.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

James1214

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 07, 2011, 02:44:16 AM
Are we witnessing a bro-date hook-up?

Uuh....... fuck yeah.

If you call walking 30 feet to their studio to shoot the shit and get free gear a brodate. The only way it could be easier is if our bands still shared a rehersal space, which we did for the better part of a year.
words

James1214

Oh you were referring to "compensation" took me a few drunken glances to realize the gayness in the latter part of that post.
words

liquidsmoke

Quote from: clockwork green on December 07, 2011, 12:21:22 AM
Ibanez Soundtank auto wah and DOD death metal pedal...costs about $10 to ship pedals across the country...$5 for the west coast.

Fuck! I'll take that Ibanez auto wah for sure, never had an auto wah before and always wanted one.