Main Menu

Free Stuff Thread!

Started by clockwork green, December 06, 2011, 04:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

My stuff gets mailed tomorrow.

Tough crowd, hard to give it away.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

Lumpy, how's that Gate pedal? I'm thinking I need a noise suppressor at this point, power conditioning can only do so much...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

From what I can tell, the DOD gate pedal is not as advanced at noise suppression as a more modern, dedicated noise gate (ISP Decimator is much more sensitive). The DOD does do some cool stuff -- it can take an outside signal, and use that as a trigger for the gate. I've never had a use for that, but some people might (like, take a drum machine output, and use that as a trigger for your keyboard sound. Or whatever). It also has a looper function (as in FX pedal loop, not sampling looper).

It's also a handsome grey color.

It's a little bit outdated, but I can imagine that when it first came out, it was the only game in town.

Interested?

VOLVO)))

I bet it'll cut off my delay signal. Dealing with the noise I'm dealing with is kind of frustrating because a noise gate is seemingly the only way to cut it out. I've got high dollar Monster power strips on my board, and going to the wall. The T is pretty much silent, the Marshall is a noisy whore. Problem is... it's only noisy with my pedalboard in the chain. The T remains silent with the pedalboard in front of it. Perhaps she just doesn't like pedals. /annoying

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

What about putting the noise gate before the delay...? I have a reverb after my noise gate, to soften up the decay, or whatever you call it.

bitter

Yeah decay is pretty accurate. I'm a big believer that your gate doesn't have to go last in the chain. Move it around in order to find where it works best on your board.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

BrianDamage

I have a boss os2 I could part with. Overdrive/distortion with a "color" knob to get anything between the two.  Anyone got a couple of 6L6's laying around? Mine are showing signs of death (as they should be. They are the ones that came in my amp back in 87) and I am broke as fuck at the moment.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

cat shepard

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 11, 2011, 11:15:12 AM
I bet it'll cut off my delay signal. Dealing with the noise I'm dealing with is kind of frustrating because a noise gate is seemingly the only way to cut it out. I've got high dollar Monster power strips on my board, and going to the wall. The T is pretty much silent, the Marshall is a noisy whore. Problem is... it's only noisy with my pedalboard in the chain. The T remains silent with the pedalboard in front of it. Perhaps she just doesn't like pedals. /annoying
yo i've got a 1/2 rack space noise suppressor I would like to trade. Got anything you think would be a good trade, if ya want the suppressor.

Iron Mtn

Quote from: BrianDamage on December 11, 2011, 01:19:19 PM
I have a boss os2 I could part with. Overdrive/distortion with a "color" knob to get anything between the two.  Anyone got a couple of 6L6's laying around? Mine are showing signs of death (as they should be. They are the ones that came in my amp back in 87) and I am broke as fuck at the moment.

I think I have a couple of 6l6 tubes lying around.
I'll know for sure Wed. night when I practice....

Iron Mtn

Quote from: xayk on December 07, 2011, 10:21:01 PM
Some stuff!  Free to a good home for a good story (and shipping), but trades would be awesome.  Lumpy gets dibs 'cause of that Disruptor pedal I want for some perverse reason.

Arion Tubeulator MTE-1
- TS clone.  I've heard it uses the same 4558 chip, but haven't opened to verify.

Still available?

xayk

Quote from: Iron Mtn on December 12, 2011, 05:30:55 AM

Still available?

Yup yup.  Make with the story (and PM me your address.)

Next batch goes out Friday or Saturday, still waiting for Isabellacat's address too. Sunn, I'll ship those 6550's w/ the LP, which'll happen post Christmas. Lumpy, you should have your pedal today or tomorrow, depending.  Hooray!

BrianDamage

Quote from: Iron Mtn on December 12, 2011, 05:28:43 AM

I think I have a couple of 6l6 tubes lying around.
I'll know for sure Wed. night when I practice....

Killer. Thanks man.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

VOLVO)))

Quote from: xayk on December 12, 2011, 06:34:36 PM
Quote from: Iron Mtn on December 12, 2011, 05:30:55 AM

Still available?

Yup yup.  Make with the story (and PM me your address.)

Next batch goes out Friday or Saturday, still waiting for Isabellacat's address too. Sunn, I'll ship those 6550's w/ the LP, which'll happen post Christmas. Lumpy, you should have your pedal today or tomorrow, depending.  Hooray!

solid, everything I've got goin' oot is boxed up and ready to be dropped at the post, I'll do that sometime tomorrow morningish

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

Does anyone have a 2' speaker cord?  I left mine in Detroit over the weekend and I'm super broke and can send money for shipping.  Or if it's easy to make please gimme a hint.  I do have the 1/4" jacks, just not the cord.  Cheers!
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

BrianDamage

I use pieces of the white two prong extension cords to make speaker cables. Works well for me. ymmv.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Lumpy

My stuff is in the mail. PM'd the tracking #'s.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Baltar on December 12, 2011, 10:28:45 PM
Does anyone have a 2' speaker cord?  I left mine in Detroit over the weekend and I'm super broke and can send money for shipping.  Or if it's easy to make please gimme a hint.  I do have the 1/4" jacks, just not the cord.  Cheers!
Yeah as Brian said, any kind of power cable, preferably two core, though you can use 3 core, it's just a little bulkier. Any power cable, or extension cord you can butcher, cut 2' off a lamp cord, I just bought a super long 2 pin extension cable and use it for spare.

Isabellacat

Quote from: xayk on December 09, 2011, 07:17:32 PM
Quote from: Isabellacat on December 08, 2011, 07:58:20 PM

I can use those! Have'nt had a wah pedal in years and I need some distortion for the new amp I'm getting(I have no effects pedals atm).

Done and done.  PM me your shipping info and I can get them out tomorrow.

Thanks!  :) sorry it took me awhile to get back to this thread.... I just PM'd you my shipping info.

Pundan

If anyone's willing to pay the shipping for a Ibanez FZ7 from Sweden to wherever you are, you can have it. Just PM me your details and I'll hook you up. (I think the shipping will be roughly about $15-20).

grimniggzy

Corey Y

Anyone have a junker 4 string bass they want to get rid of? Neck and body will do the trick, don't need electronics or hardware. So long as the neck isn't jacked and the truss rod can be adjusted. Don't care about the cosmetic condition at all.  Ended up getting a Pbass copy for $100 on Talkbass.

...and on the giving end of things, got a pair of gold Schaller strap locks and a capo, if anyone wants them.

Lumpy

Quote from: Pundan on December 14, 2011, 12:52:33 AM
If anyone's willing to pay the shipping for a Ibanez FZ7 from Sweden to wherever you are, you can have it. Just PM me your details and I'll hook you up. (I think the shipping will be roughly about $15-20).

Those are supposed to be pretty good inexpensive fuzzes. One of you dudes on a tight budget should snag that.

Hemisaurus

Did you get your 6L6's? I've just found a pair of Ruby's lying about at the back of a shelf you can have, vintage questionable, definitely more recent that 1987 though, probably more like 2007 at the earliest. I think they may have came from an almost new amp where the owner wanted the tubes changed straight away, getter looks good and all.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 11, 2012, 01:59:54 PM
Did you get your 6L6's? I've just found a pair of Ruby's lying about at the back of a shelf you can have, vintage questionable, definitely more recent that 1987 though, probably more like 2007 at the earliest. I think they may have came from an almost new amp where the owner wanted the tubes changed straight away, getter looks good and all.

are rubys good tubes? i can never keep them straight.

Hemisaurus

I tend not to buy into that guitar tweakers habit of brandnaming tubes and realise that each manufacturer makes good and bad types of tube, John Chambers reckons the Chinese KT-88's are the closest to the original GECs that you will find, and uses them in some his monster amps.

I think in the pecking order, Ruby's are above Sino's and Sovteks but below Groove Tubes and Mesa's, hence the fact I have a pair of Ruby's in a Mesa Boogie box.