Main Menu

eBay shit

Started by Pundan, December 09, 2011, 06:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

On the 17th October I bought a DOD DFX9 on eBay. I contacted the seller on the 12th November asking where my item was, he said "relax it'll be there soon". I waited five more days and said "Hey man, it shouldn't take a month, this looks like a scam to me" and he lashed the fuck out on me and went mental. I was professional and told him to calm, said I'd wait a couple of more days, he promised to refund. Now it's over the 45 day limit and eBay don't give a crap (the money's not really the problem though, I can live without the $56).

The sellers name is kmaguitars and he also owns www,jcguitars.com. Beware, he's an ass. This very month he got 7 negative feedback.

What's your experiences with eBay disputes? I've bought 30+ items to date and have never had a problem before.

The Shocker

Always file a claim before your PayPal/Ebay time limit is up.  I'll accept one excuse cause shit comes up, but there better be good communication.  After that you are getting the runaround.  I also don't bid on stuff from sellers with bad feedback.

I may be filing a claim soon - dude still hasn't sent me the Fender Blender I won.

Pundan

Quote from: deaner33 on December 09, 2011, 06:23:00 PM
Always file a claim before your PayPal/Ebay time limit is up.  I'll accept one excuse cause shit comes up, but there better be good communication.  After that you are getting the runaround.  I also don't bid on stuff from sellers with bad feedback.

I may be filing a claim soon - dude still hasn't sent me the Fender Blender I won.
Yeah, I was very naive and didn't think about it really. I've learnt my leason. I've looked into this www.jcguitars.com and his reputation seems to be fucked up, no one seem to trust him.

The Shocker

It sucks, but at least it wasn't $100's of dollars.

Hemisaurus

Dang, Algonquin's a bit far, else we could have sent the boys around to collect.

Anyone in Chicago area want to pay a call on the guy.

ALGONQUIN STORE AND LESSON FACILITY
1078 E. Algonquin Road
Algonquin, IL 60102

LAKE IN THE HILLS STORE AND LESSON FACILITY
4581 Princeton Point Lane #113
Lake in the Hills, IL 60156

Just tell him you have a buddy called Bubba lives nearby, and ask him which facility he can pick the pedal up from.

VOLVO)))

Fuck ebay/paypal.

Sold that DMM on the 4th, they are STILL holding my funds after delivery and positive feedback has been left. INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 09, 2011, 09:12:02 PM
Fuck ebay/paypal.

Sold that DMM on the 4th, they are STILL holding my funds after delivery and positive feedback has been left. INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS.

That is bullshit!

hashbrowns

I've never done the ebay thing. Was way too scared I was gonna get fucked over. I prefer craigslist cause at least on craigslist I can just do the old "bring a screwdriver" insurance haha. Try and scam me bitch.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

bitter

I hate CL/Ebay alike. Can't trust anyone on those sites. Plus, CL has the added creepy factor. I help a buddy pick up a couple Sunn PA cabs and the guy spent half an hour talking to us about the history of the US federal Banking system, then got mad at us when his dinner started burning on the stove??? Wanna see my dungeon, I mean basement wet bar?

hope that fool sends your gear or refund.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Pundan

If I lived in the States I'd be calling him up, making international calls however is just too expensive for me and won't lead anywhere really. As I am a qualified computer nerd (I'm in the IT department where I work) I want to fuck his reputation up as much as possible. Which is why I've contacted his current webhost and the place where he once registered his domain name and told them he's scamming people on eBay. I got this reply from the domain registrant:

"I do appreciate the heads up but they were a domain name registration and we hosted there site for them 14 years ago. As I remember they were ... difficult then too. They have just never updated the technical contact information. We are no longer doing business with them nor do I care too.  Again, I do appreciate the email however.

Robert G."

It's only $81 (that's including the shipping costs), I just do this for fun now and to warn other people. Is there any site that you guys now of where you can post warning about companies and so forth? Thanks for the replies guys :)

liquidsmoke

What a piece of shit. Fuck this fuck. He deserves to have all of his gear stolen.

Mr. Foxen

Watch for the item being relisted on his account and report it. And report anything else you can.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Pundan on December 09, 2011, 06:18:26 PM
On the 17th October I bought a DOD DFX9 on eBay. I contacted the seller on the 12th November asking where my item was, he said "relax it'll be there soon". I waited five more days and said "Hey man, it shouldn't take a month, this looks like a scam to me" and he lashed the fuck out on me and went mental. I was professional and told him to calm, said I'd wait a couple of more days, he promised to refund. Now it's over the 45 day limit and eBay don't give a crap (the money's not really the problem though, I can live without the $56).

The sellers name is kmaguitars and he also owns www,jcguitars.com. Beware, he's an ass. This very month he got 7 negative feedback.

What's your experiences with eBay disputes? I've bought 30+ items to date and have never had a problem before.

Always, always check the seller's feedback before bidding. I always have to remind myself about that because I have been ripped off twice on eBay before . Fucking assholes took my money and never sent me anything, and even  one of them started an Unpaid item case with me even after I sent them my payment(most likely to counter my own actions before I can start an Unsent Item case with them). I have an account with 61 good positive feedbacks. I've been buying stuff off eBay for years now and I can tell who is an asshole or not.

Did you Paypal or send money through the mail ?  What you should have done is started an Unsent Item case instead of wait for them. Always follow your instincts and never cut them any slack(always be nice but at the same time don't let them take advantage of your kindness) . If they get all pissed because you started an Unpaid item case, oh well.... That will either get them to wake up and send the shit or it will teach them a lesson. You can always delete the case when they do send it tho,so it's not really a bad thing to do. I'm actually on the verge of starting an Unsent case myself. I keep sending messages to the seller with no response. I'm not about to send my money until they respond, and I'm gonna start a case before they have a chance to screw me over.

Isabellacat

Alright, the seller has finally written me back now and therefore I'm gonna send my payment out.  :)

PS- I never use Paypal on eBay. Despite their so-called rules of "Paypal Only", that's bullshit. I always mail out Money Orders.....imo that's actually the safest way,because at least you have a receipt to prove you paid. There are actually alot of sellers that still take M.O.'s on Ebay, you just have to ask nicely. I put like 3-4 stamps on the envelope too,so it gets there within a few days.

61+ items I've bought and all positive feedbacks,with only two people who have ripped me off within 4 years. I know my shit on there. eBay's cool as long as you know how to handle.

Mr. Foxen

Paypal is cool because they are up for really fucking bad sellers over if you give them a chance. It is uncool because they are up for really fucking anyone over given a chance.

bass sic

I've only had one sorta bad experience on fleabay. The guy drug his feet and wouldn't reply to inquiries about when the item will ship so a few days before the time limit I filed a claim dispute. He then sends me the item but by then paypal locked payment from him. He refused any alternate payment and paypal wouldn't let me pay him again. So I got the item fo free. Well he bashes me with negative feedback which really didn't Hurt me because I had about 70 positives and just his sorry ass negative. Weird thing is he had hundreds of positive feedbacks and no negative. I still can't figure out why he was such a DB on that sale.

Pundan

Well, let me just dump this asshole's information as best as I can so you guys can avoid him in the future:

His name is Justin A Coffman, he's 35 years old - some of his listed relatives/family members are Jeanette M Lemak, Monty J Coffman, Gregory S Coffman, Christine S Coffman and Christina A Coffman.
He lives in Bensenville, IL at this address 3N762 Oakleaf Dr, Bensenville, IL 60106.

(Somewhere on this street)

He also owns a house in Lake in the Hills, IL (he has a shop there too):
641 Mason Lane
Lake in the Hills, IL 60102

He bought that house for $350,000 on the 4th December 2009.

In the past he's ripped a guy of buy selling him a DEMO KranK cab loaded with speakers for $800. (A demo cab is a plywood cab made to look genuine, used on stage only as decoration to create a "wall of sound" look).
That guy made a video where he demonstrated what the cab sounded like:

VOLVO)))

"You wouldn't play a plywood guitar, would you?"

Uh, I resent that, plywood guitars are fucking killing machines.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

I'd play the shit out of a Danelectro. They're plywood, right?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Mr. Foxen

Who is that at the end? Ply is the superior material over solid wood for cabs. I didn't even think that was in doubt.