Is there any type of effects pedal that has a very (>320k) high input impedance?

Started by Spacebone1.02, December 17, 2011, 06:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacebone1.02

getting my gf a contact mic for the noise stuff she does, wanted to get something she could use as a preamp for it that won't cut what bass response it has, without spending too much like for one of the specially made pre-amps.. any ideas?

Thanks!

Hemisaurus

Most pedals have a high input impedance, for a contact mic, if you can build, a simple FET buffer would hit the spot, lots of real simple ones out there.

Mr. Foxen

The Zcex superhard on is a high impedance buffer, an stupidly overpriced, but there are a million clones that will do it. I have a Sansamp Paradriver DI that does it, but that is also a spensive toy.

Hemisaurus

A Boss OD is 1M, the DS-1 says it's 470 ohm, but thats got to be a misprint, I'd imagine it's 470K, any pedal you have will probably do the job, I used a $15 Dano FAB OD for a mic preamp recently.

dunwichamps

i we little box with a source follower. >1meg input impedance, output impedance very small

grimniggzy

If I had to use a pedal as a preamp I'd definitely look at something from Tech21/Sansamp first. Lot's of flavors to choose from.
http://www.tech21nyc.com/

grimniggzy

oh yeah, those art's are amazingly useful in so many different situations

Spacebone1.02

sweet thanks y'all, I'll look into that ART deal, and some of the cheaper suggestions