Main Menu

Space Echo vs Giga Delay

Started by rayinreverse, December 22, 2011, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayinreverse

If you could only have one on your board. Which I can imagine lugging both of them around on my board at all times, which would you choose? Seems the giga delay is a little more versatile, but doesnt quite have as cool of sounds as the space echo.
Im thinking of ditching my RE-20 for the Giga Delay but wonder if Im making a terrible mistake.

VOLVO)))

I've got the Giga Delay. I love it. Wouldn't mind an RE-20, either. The reverb would make it so I could use my fucking cathedral for more of it's awesome sounds...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

my guitar player let me borrow his, so IM going to be doing some serious A/B comparisons over the next couple of days.
Can I save the looper function to of the presets?

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

see I'd like the looper function. along with still having some delays at my fingers.
IM not a pedal doodler when we play shows. Ive got to be able to access it fast and easy.

Hemisaurus

Are there any super loopers, capable of handling loops of 30 seconds or more?

johnny problem

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 22, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

The Giga delay does up to 23 seconds, I think. Which is pretty damn good and darn close to what you're asking.

If I had to pick between the Space Echo and Giga Delay, it would be the Giga delay, hands down.  More versatility.  But I use a Line 6 DL4 and it's capabilities are pretty damn nice, the space echo is fucking ridiculous.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 22, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

the gibson echoplex my mang.