Dax Riggs Houston, TX - Dec. 21st, 2011

Started by Instant Dan, December 24, 2011, 11:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Played at Fitzgerald's this past Wednesday. The first band that opened was Liquid Kitchen, your standard R n' R affair. Dax is very quiet Person and keeps to himself. Never spoke once onstage. A lot of people were there mostly to see if he would do some acid bath covers. My only request is that he would have played more from 'we sing of only blood or love' but otherwise it was a good set.

AgentofOblivion

I've seen him by himself and with a 3 piece.  He seemed a nervous dude up there by himself, especially in the first 3 or 4 songs.  What's strange is that before the show he was hanging out and talking with everyone and seemed generally personable and relaxed.  Anyway, once he gets comfortable and lets loose that dude's voice just gives you goosebumps.  I would definitely see it a 3rd time.  I think I remember them playing an amplified version of Dead Girl with the 3-piece, but no other Acid Bath. 

tattooedsean

I got to see him 2 weeks ago and the club he played in here in Phoenix was perfect for the style of music he is playing these days.  8)