Main Menu

Projects for the New Year?

Started by Ranbat, December 27, 2011, 12:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

I bought this off of eBay quite awhile back and haven't really known what I want to do with it. With the long weekend I got bored and pulled it out to start working on it. It's a Zenon, made in Japan according to the neck plate. I've decided to give it a Mustang/Bobkat/Jaguar kind of vibe. Apparently the original pickups sat on top of the pickguard as there is no routing for PUPs, just jacks and switches. Who else has a New Year's project.

Meh :/

justinhedrick

bought a fuzzy carpeted randall 2x12 cab off a buddy in AZ for $50. it has 1 blown speaker. have to get a new 12 inch 8 ohm speaker that will compliment the eminince made jaguar, then i'm good to go. should be up and running for around $120.

The Shocker

I've got to finish refinishing the Yamaha SG I got from Sunn.

VOLVO)))

finish the refret and inlays on my Kramer bass..
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

I'm making some patch cables outta these...
http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=32-232x20&Category_Code=
http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=507
http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=506&bc=no

When I get some more $$$ I have to replace some knobs, bridges and covers on a few basses and guitars as well.

Hemisaurus

My first bass cable used those jacks, and some antenna wire ;)

Before I knew about impedances and such.

Was a meaty looking cable at least.

lordfinesse

This year I hope to incorporate a new phaser into my pedalboard, and replace the tuners on the old Guild.
And finish the Husky album. And maybe build a tap tremolo. Probably not in that order.
Billy Squier 24/7

zachoff

Still this guy:

Started its life as an open back top & sealed bottom 2x15 Mojo guitar combo.  Dude stripped out the amp and speakers and sold it to me for $40.  Going to turn it into a ported top and sealed bottom bass cab... 2x15.  Using the Jensen MOD speakers.  15-200 for the top (ported) and a 15-120 for the (sealed) bottom.  Kinda weird having two different wattage handling speakers but the response curve is way better when using the 120 on bottom than it is using another 200.

Metal and Beer

Drums, got some tubs in a trade so I'm back at 'em for the first time since the mid '90's, I'm at about 75% of my old skill level and about halfway where I want to be. I figure I'll be sufficient for band duties by springtime. I already want different cymbals and a more stout kick pedal...
   I still have my Squier P-Beater and my Ampeg fridge; I'm gonna try the pre-pwr amp thing when I can afford it...completely out of the guitar game right now, maybe later (again)

Drums !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

I have 4 designs I'd like to see the light of day, and have high hopes of doing so..
Change the strings on my SG bass..
Get my SuperLead in tiptop operating condition.
Get one of my bikes converted to a fulltime trackbike.
Do my first motorcycle trials competition. This will be the biggest project.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Riffer on December 27, 2011, 10:09:17 PM
I have 4 designs I'd like to see the light of day, and have high hopes of doing so..

No, you son of a bitch, I have to get a black forest before you put out anymore pedals. FGFFFFGDFGDSFGHIS  ;D ;D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

Get the pedal business up and running properly.
Design a bass overdrive exactly how I want it.
Learn acid etching artwork.
Get the new bass rig finished.
Finish rewiring/upgrading my Les Paul copy.

Jake

- crush enemies
- have them driven them before me
- hear the lamentations of the women
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Jake on December 28, 2011, 10:00:45 AM
- crush enemies

I loved you in Kindergarten Cop!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 28, 2011, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: Jake on December 28, 2011, 10:00:45 AM
- crush enemies

I loved you in Kindergarten Cop!

sad.

Jake

poop.

clockwork green

I'm starting a new band....my first in which I sing.  We've jammed with a new drummer twice and hopefully he'll stick around.  I'm more than a little nervous about singing but hopefully I can ease into it.  I'm also planning on starting a solo project along the lines of Nadja but not really. 

On the gear front I've got 5 pedal kits waiting for me at home along with a bunch of transistors and such for playing with the circuit a bit.  In the next month or two my Electircal V should be ready and I've been talking to Kevin of Electrical about making his (and my) first double-neck.  I have no idea where I'll get the money but I'll figure something out. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

cat shepard

DRUMSET!!! this is a must, I am to old school to fuck with programming drums and don't have any comrades with which to create so I need a drum kit to complete instrumentation arsenal for basic recording (gtr/bass/drums).  I also hope to get out into the community and possibly start promoting shows but only if it seems at least relatively practical. Get a van. I may move as well, i don't really know.

RAGER

1.)  Get my Plush up and running once and for all cuz I just really need another 100 watt amp ::)

2.)  Re-house my Chicken Salad and another dudes for him

3.)  Put together an actual Marshall cab with Greenbacks or 30 watters for my SuperBass.

4.)  Round up my bandmates and get shit going again or start new project
No Focus Pocus

Ayek

I built a Meathead clone the other night, seems to work. Could do with a 3pdt and an led and a different enclosure instead of one I had lying arond that it's uncomfortably squished into.
Need to sell a whole bunch of assorted shit that's filled up my garage then get around to putting electricity in the thing and making it usable.
Then I want to build a new cab to replace the shitty 1x15 I got, the speaker's good but the cab is so flimsy that amps fall off it and it's prone to walking.
Thinking about making a bmp variant, too, maybe like the GGG one or something.

the diddler

I've got two recording projects in progress- 1 for each band I'm in- so, hope to finish those up in the next month or so & see if we can get 'em out in some fashion.  Might do SXSW, but probably not- lotsa hassles and hangovers, little payoff though it would be good to see Austin pals again. 

Mr Neutron

gonna get one o those beginners b.y.o.c. kits and give it a whirl.

probably buy a low end agile, and re-do that for shits and giggles as well.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

I,Galactus

Un-fuck-up my mexi-tele:  Strip the black back to natural, pull the pice o' shit bigsby, and pull the microphonic SD Hot Rails, probably set it up for slide.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"