Main Menu

Fuzz, Fuzz. Fuzz.

Started by rayinreverse, December 27, 2011, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayinreverse

I need another fuzz pedal. I want something to compliment my Supercollider. Any suggestions?

Hemisaurus

I can think of a dozen or so people on here who would compliment your Supercollider ;D

The Riffer

I'd go with something that has a dense and tasty midrange. Honeybee,landgraff style OD to name a few.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

VOLVO)))

^^^^^ this asshat makes pedals, get one of those!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

BIG MUFF PI!!! No i'm just kidding I've never tried anything besides my nyc big muff but from what I've heard they're pretty shitty compared to what else is out there.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

apekillman

Hey theriffer,  I'm thinking about a pharaoh.  How do I go about snatching one up?   

Edited for calling theriffer the wrong name.

Stonergrunge

MJM London Fuzz or any pedal based on a Fuzz Face.

FUZZ!!!!!

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

The Riffer

Ape, I'll pm you my email. Get with me..

Another good pairing with the SC would be something like a marshall shredmaster or an equivalent. GReat tonestack in those, and just the right amt. of gain to make stacking possible.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

rayinreverse

Quote from: The Riffer on December 27, 2011, 10:11:33 PM
Ape, I'll pm you my email. Get with me..

Another good pairing with the SC would be something like a marshall shredmaster or an equivalent. GReat tonestack in those, and just the right amt. of gain to make stacking possible.

I've been thinking about a pharaoh. It's great sounding. Just don't think I'd need it and an SC. Maybe I just need to replace the supercollider.

The Riffer

Quote from: rayinreverse on December 27, 2011, 10:21:35 PM
I've been thinking about a pharaoh. It's great sounding. Just don't think I'd need it and an SC. Maybe I just need to replace the supercollider.
Hmmmmm. if you did that, maybe I could conjure up a perfect pair for you...
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

apekillman

I have 4 meatheads.  I certainly don't need 3 of them.   I'm getting a pharaoh for sure too!

dunwichamps

meathead -> muff circuit = win

xayk

Quote from: The Riffer on December 27, 2011, 10:11:33 PM

Speaking of stacking, what's up with the Sarcophagus that popped up on FB?  Are those going into production, or are those custom?  Because it's badass as hell.

The Riffer

Quote from: dunwichamps on December 28, 2011, 12:23:22 AM
meathead -> muff circuit = win

I built a tweeked MH  for a buddy, and he says it is excellent with the Black Forest in front of it. I think he called that combo "perfect".
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

The Riffer

Quote from: xayk on December 28, 2011, 10:29:13 AM

Speaking of stacking, what's up with the Sarcophagus that popped up on FB?  Are those going into production, or are those custom?  Because it's badass as hell.
I have sent a few out on preorder sales.Great reviews so far. 15 are going to Prymaxe Vintage next week. I'll make them as long as people want them...But I'd call it a limited production right now, I just don't know how many people will pay 275 for a fucking fuzz pedal. Seems to me it will have a limited appeal.But I've been wrong every step of the way so far. The fact that my stuff is garnering such a wide acceptance is humbling everyday I wake up.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

I mean... I run a LSTR into a Pharaoh... I already technically paid 300 bucks for a fuzz pedal.  ;D ;D

Seriously, Mark, nothing has touched the LSTR yet. I buy fuzzes and distortions on a consistent basis, and your combo still holds strong...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

My favourite non Muff fuzz at the moment is the Psychtar with the modulated octave up off for rhythm and on for psych leads.

Gonna do a small run of them soon as I get graphics shorted.

Still love my Dark Meathead too and I'm gonna be using that on bass for some garage punk stuff for the muffs are a bit too heavy for.

bitter

I have a supercollider and I like to contrast it with a Catalinbread Manx fuzz. Both are muff variants that bring the heavy in their own way. I also have a Dunwich Fac off on order, so I'm curious to see how it complements the manx/supercollider.

IMO, the supercollider is a bit too dark for my liking, and seems less organic when compared to the manx. So I would suggest something capable of lower gain and warmer voicing to pair with the SC. The pharoah seems to be the ticket for that and boosting options.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

rayinreverse

I tried a Keeley Fuzz Head out today. I liked it quite a bit. My local GC had one come in used. They cant put it on the floor until the 10th or something. Apparently they are a pawn shop now.

bitter

^ that's a policy of GC. I ran into that same issue years ago.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

fallen

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 28, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
I mean... I run a LSTR into a Pharaoh... I already technically paid 300 bucks for a fuzz pedal.  ;D ;D

Seriously, Mark, nothing has touched the LSTR yet. I buy fuzzes and distortions on a consistent basis, and your combo still holds strong...

Maybe I should move my Pharaoh further down the line. How high gain is the LSTR? I have a Muskett and a Big Muff that I could try feeding into the Pharaoh.

DustinAR

Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz

I have their Twosome Dual Fuzz, which is just their Musket and Fix'd Fuzz in one pedal. Always use the Musket side, probably my favorite fuzz pedal that i've owned.

The Riffer

Quote from: fallen on December 30, 2011, 07:55:52 PM

Maybe I should move my Pharaoh further down the line. How high gain is the LSTR? I have a Muskett and a Big Muff that I could try feeding into the Pharaoh.

Yeah man, everyone seems to like the Pharaoh last in line of dirt. Seems to make your other pedals sound bigger. The LSTR is quite a bit gainier than the Pharaoh, how it compares against other mufferfuckers, IDK. Should be quite gainier than the standard muffs.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Riffer on December 31, 2011, 09:28:06 AM
Quote from: fallen on December 30, 2011, 07:55:52 PM

Yeah man, everyone seems to like the Pharaoh last in line of dirt. Seems to make your other pedals sound bigger. The LSTR is quite a bit gainier than the Pharaoh, how it compares against other mufferfuckers, IDK. Should be quite gainier than the standard muffs.

you bet it is... WOOLY is the word I'd use...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

Too much bad ass for one pedal. The black on black looks great in person but doesn't show up so well on camera. Thanks a lot Mark!
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"