weird GK cab super cheap on craigslist

Started by hashbrowns, December 29, 2011, 01:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashbrowns

http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/2742889854.html

Anyone know anything about that amp? I'm thinking I might buy it if it's even halfway decent cause it's got enough wattage to handle my butcher for now and once I get more cabs it would be nice to have a 15 incher in the stack.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

hashbrowns

Plus I know a lot of people on here and other places tell me only good things about GK.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

VOLVO)))

Pass. Wait for a decent 4x12.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

I mean I have enough money to buy both. You don't think that this would sit well in a wall of amps?

mortlock

id like to have that thing..it would be awesome..

cat shepard

might come in handy when some bass player loser walks up and wants to be the bass player he might incorporate it. I don't have alot of experience with playing guitar through 15's, so I really don't know. Im sure a butcher and that thing would be rude. I would make sure it works obviously, and turn it way up as well.

grimniggzy

15's are def the shit for guitar. That cab looks pretty badass.

Hemisaurus

Nice porting, not a bad intro to the wonderful world of 15"s

hashbrowns

Yeah I was stoked for that cab messaged him and dude had already sold it but the add is still there even the day after he told me that. I'm tired of people leaving there adds up days after they've sold it.

justinhedrick

Quote from: hashbrowns on December 29, 2011, 10:53:03 AM
Yeah I was stoked for that cab messaged him and dude had already sold it but the add is still there even the day after he told me that. I'm tired of people leaving there adds up days after they've sold it.

agreed. that sucks. sorry man.

Hemisaurus

maybe he decided to keep it, I almost traded  my 1x15" cabs, so glad I kept them now.

hashbrowns

No he replied and told me he sold it days ago and the add is still on craigslist right now.

grimniggzy

hashbrowns

Dude fuck yeah its going for a good price I'm buying it tomorrow. Shit is gonna be epic. Anyone have any knowledge about the ohms and wattage of this cabinet? I've never heard of it before.

Hemisaurus

I think they are 4 ohm, but you're almost guaranteed not to find one with original drivers, so that could be anywhere, but figure at least 200W possibly nearer 600W (25W a driver or 75W a driver)

justinhedrick

i can't see craigslist shit at work. what are we looking at?  ???

grimniggzy

one of those old traynor 8X10's
that have the speakers layed out like this...

O        O
     O
O        O
     O
O        O

moose23

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 29, 2011, 11:57:37 AM
maybe he decided to keep it, I almost traded  my 1x15" cabs, so glad I kept them now.

One on the right looks very like my main 15.

justinhedrick

Quote from: grimniggzy on December 29, 2011, 01:24:54 PM

O        O
     O
O        O
     O
O        O

that's awesome! how much?

Hemisaurus

Quote from: moose23 on December 29, 2011, 01:28:31 PM
They are actually both the same cab design, one is carpet covered and has plastic corners, the other is just painted, one has an Eminence woofer and one has something generic. I use the painted one for drum monitors, drum machines, punk bass etc. The grey one has been my main cab for a while, that and the 100W Stealth and I'm back to getting spectators requesting I turn down as I'm drowning out the drums, so it's loud enough for Gzus to hear, for a change.

grimniggzy

Quote from: justinhedrick on December 29, 2011, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: grimniggzy on December 29, 2011, 01:24:54 PM

O        O
     O
O        O
     O
O        O

that's awesome! how much?

There wasn't a price in the listing. hashbrowns may have contacted the seller and got one though.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 29, 2011, 02:00:43 PM
They are actually both the same cab design, one is carpet covered and has plastic corners, the other is just painted, one has an Eminence woofer and one has something generic. I use the painted one for drum monitors, drum machines, punk bass etc. The grey one has been my main cab for a while, that and the 100W Stealth and I'm back to getting spectators requesting I turn down as I'm drowning out the drums, so it's loud enough for Gzus to hear, for a change.

hemi, when is the band going to play out again? march/april of 2012? fire it up.

moose23

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 29, 2011, 02:00:43 PM

Mine has a plain slot port so different designs but looks like the person made mine used the same grey carpet and plastic corners. Mine has an Eminence Kappa pro in there if I remember right. Seriously great low end out of it.

MichaelZodiac

If anybody could get dimensions of such a '70 Traynor 8*10 cab, it'd be greatly appreciated!  ;D
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan