Main Menu

laney aor 100w head....$300

Started by kirky, December 29, 2011, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mawso

Quote from: bitter on January 06, 2012, 09:36:05 PM
Quote from: mawso on January 06, 2012, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: bitter on December 31, 2011, 12:17:10 AM
Unless there's an in-between model I'm unaware of, both the 6 and 8 knob models have the eq boosts.

There's a "Laney Pro-Tube" which doesn't say "AOR series" on the bottom corner of the faceplate that doesn't have the boosts.  I don't think it's an in-between model though, i think it predates the 6 knob AOR.  Or maybe they were issued concurrently, I don't know.

I'm guessing that's probably the original jcm 800 lawsuit clone? They added the boosts and later the series 2 AOR channel to differentiate from Marshall?

I have no idea man.  I've never played through one - I've only seen them on for sale ads on the internet.  I own a 6 knob AOR 100 which I don't intend to sell, ever, and I've played through an AOR 30 combo with a closed back and through a 8 knob series I AOR50, and I really wish I'd bought those as well.

hayseed

Any body know what the footswitch looked like for these heads( 1 switch, 2 switches?)? Will an after market one do or is it some special design that only works with Laney heads?
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Mr. Foxen

2 switch with a stereo jack works on mine:

Metal and Beer

Standard-ish stereo 1/4" jack worked for my AOR, too. I used some old Peavey two-switcher (one for channel-switching and one for reverb on/off)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

liquidsmoke

I had an 8 knob 50 watter and thought it sounded too fizzy.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 18, 2012, 03:06:41 AM

I did, too, and I did too. (at bedroom volumes it was fucking badass, the palm-chug-mutey-mute chugbeers were awesome, flick the neck pickup into gear and Hello! "Dopesmoker", but get it in a band room and Hello! Fizzsmoker)

hayseed

Quote from: Metal and Beer on March 18, 2012, 05:15:53 AM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 18, 2012, 03:06:41 AM

I did, too, and I did too. (at bedroom volumes it was fucking badass, the palm-chug-mutey-mute chugbeers were awesome, flick the neck pickup into gear and Hello! "Dopesmoker", but get it in a band room and Hello! Fizzsmoker)

Maybe its just the 50 watters, because my AOR 100 is just crushing. It seriously has made me rethink my sound/tone and opened new doors. I love a good AC/DC rock tone but at the same time what a heavier Sabbath tone at my disposal and this amp does it.

Thanks for the footswitch info. A generic single button switch will do just fine.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

liquidsmoke

I suspect that the 6 knobers sound a lot better but I've never played one.

The GH, now that is one bad motha although it's probably too 5150, etc for a lot of people.

Metal and Beer

If you didn't wanna switch channels on the fly, you could also just plug (and unplug) a 1/4" adapter into the jack to switch ch's (emergency trick that works)

hayseed