Fleetwood Mac ~ Rumours

Started by Damocles74, December 31, 2011, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

For those that dig this album (and even those who don't or use the record as an excuse to think they "hear" it better because they think they supposedly have superior sound replication gear and will jump at any chance to lord that above others), I found this to be a pretty good compaion to the album;

Despite Caillat's occasional fan-boy behavior and predilection for spilling out his personal "problems", it's a fun document and touches on some of the legendary "magic" of Sound City Studios as well as some technical insight and of course the drama and dirt that seemed to go along with behaviors of so many of the '70's SuperGroups and their studio behavior.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

spookstrickland

This is one of my favourite albums of all time.  I don't understand all the hate because it's not got Peter Green on it....he is one of my faves too but Lindsey is ducking amazing too and he's all finger style too boot!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

black

You should really check out that book Spook.

Lumpy

Ken Caillat was interviewed by Tape Op a while back, pretty interesting. Should be on their website. (I can't listen to Rumors, I lived through it the first time around).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Submarine

I read the book while listening to the album on headphones.  It was a fun experience because sometimes you would notice things on the album that you never really paid attention to before.  The book is a fun read and its a good album even if it might be overplayed.

black

Submarine:
Doing it right.

*respect*

MadJohnShaft

I seen The original White Witch and the drummer at a conference once. Half a Fleetwood Mac was a little more than half good. Hey, I'm watching Stevie Nicks.

When I was a kid Creem magazine had a lot of sexy Stevie Nicks pictures to masturbate to.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

MikeyT

Well you dirty little dog you!   
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Isabellacat

My favorite Fleetwood Mac era is the Bob Welch era! So underrated.

MikeyT

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

neighbor664

JLKOWAL

I had seen FMAC live without Christine McVie but yes they have my respect and still enjoy listening to them. I heard Lindsey just won a lawsuit against them.