Main Menu

tube amp kits

Started by spookstrickland, January 02, 2012, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

What's a good simple beginners Tube Amp Head kit? something around 50 watts.  Looking for something that does not have a lot of bells and whistles just a volume knob and maybe a couple tone knobs?

thanks
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

Cheapest I know are the Webers, theres also the Mod400 kit. You want to build it from scratch?

5E3 is fairly simple, not 40W though, but has the just vol and tone.

RAGER

Quote from: spookstrickland on January 02, 2012, 06:54:18 PM
What's a good simple beginners Tube Amp Head kit? something around 50 watts.  Looking for something that does not have a lot of bells and whistles just a volume knob and maybe a couple tone knobs?

thanks

Pray for the answer
No Focus Pocus

dunwichamps

the MOD 50W kit is probably good as u can get for cheap

SoupKitchen

I second the MOD 50. You can do whatever you want to it. Fender, Orange, EL34, 6L6, the possibilities are endless. If you're somewhat handy and get bored with what they have there, you can pop another preamp tube socket into there and build Marshall or Mesa Boogie preamps. Problem with an amp like that is there are just too many possibilities. Mine would be in pieces all the time, in a permanent state of tweak.

http://www.tubesandmore.com

dunwichamps

I can get those Mod50s, 100 dollars off the retail price through CEDist, you let me know

We discussed this before, you can make a crude Orange and bring the doom

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=3221.0

clockwork green

Quote from: RAGER on January 02, 2012, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: spookstrickland on January 02, 2012, 06:54:18 PM

thanks

Pray for the answer
God gave Noah a schematic so maybe he'll give one to Spook...maybe it'll involve a vacuum tube stigmata.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

spookstrickland

Thanks guys, the MOD kits look great! and I'm checking out the Webber kits too they look to be really affordable as well.

Thanks
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org