i cheesed up sunno's "mediocre black metal" tune

Started by jibberish, January 04, 2012, 07:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

it's the one from the gen discussion spam thread.

i had fun with this. it was a cool foundation.  i also had a bonus moment when i counted out the fast parts and saw they were 4x4's..my lyric example in the other thread was a quickie 4x4, so fuck it, i used them. all done!

keep in mind tho..i did get boo'd off the gen disc stage heh.  that was funny, like the scene from billy madison-esque. but the important thing was i had fun, yet again.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/doktordeath/sunnoblackmetal[/soundcloud]

VOLVO)))

This is rad, haha. One of my buddies used a bunch of my old shit and made an electronica set out of it, he got a bunch of compliments, and people always request that "Crazy black metal shit he does." Totally flattering! :D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

jibberish

i tried to put all the "black metal"  cliche stuff in.

that whole song could actually go to a g# minor bluesrock type thing too. i kept falling into the blues box trying to jam with it so i had to give that up and stay more black metal minor stuff.

and the hard part is always figuring out the parts, so it is good practice. 

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

well that makes sense.  g#=a flat and a flat is a 5th away from e flat. 
whatever it was, it was great doing the keyboard. all the black keys were involved. 
the little guitar part was a g#(a flat lol) dorian run which sounded ok

i know from horsing around with the e and a blues boxes, that they share about 80% of the notes.

also, like on country tunes that are a major key, they use the relative minor blues box. so a song in g uses the e blues box just like an e minor blues tune would.

anyway, that was a great canvas to work from. thx again :)

VOLVO)))

Anytime buddy, I dig it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.