TWO sunn PL20 rack mounts on ebay right now.

Started by apekillman, January 07, 2012, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apekillman

wow.  hardly ever see these.  now, there are two at the same time.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 07, 2012, 04:10:35 PM
fucking 500+ dollars.

yeah, I saw the one earlier and said the same thing.
no thanks, I know I spent less than that for my beta bass & beta lead together.

At_Giza

I'd be more surprised if even one of them was a PB-10. :P

Plus I think I've seen that one that's in Olympia before, not for sale, but yeah. Paired with a head-version footswitch too, the  preamps had a black footswitch. Eh, way the fuck too much for only half an amp that I already have. :P

Hemisaurus

Oddly, it's still cheaper than the Monolith Magma.

VOLVO)))

^^^ I don't understand why it is as much as it is, but he can charge whatever he wants for it... haha.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 08, 2012, 10:42:14 AM
^^^ I don't understand why it is as much as it is, but he can charge whatever he wants for it... haha.
He's building a pedal version ;)

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 08, 2012, 11:08:37 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on January 08, 2012, 10:42:14 AM
He's building a pedal version ;)

oh? I wonder what it's going to run...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

He's probably just trying to recoup all the money that went in to research and development.  I want to buy one.  But the price tag is holding me back.

moose23

Quote from: apekillman on January 08, 2012, 12:34:03 PM
He's probably just trying to recoup all the money that went in to research and development.  I want to buy one.  But the price tag is holding me back.

I know it's supposed to be an improvement on the beta pres but I'm curious to see how much difference there is and I might hazard a guess that not a whole lot of R&D went into it. Still if people wanna buy them off him fair play to them/him.

spookstrickland

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

At_Giza

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

If you could get the pedal form of the exact same head at almost half the cost, wouldn't you?  Doesn't seem like a wise option business wise.

I,Galactus

I still have dreams about a wall of those monolith 612S cabs...

They're not on the site anymore, but Wade said he'd make 'em if ordered.  $700 unloaded if'n I remember right... :(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

aowron

Ordered one of those Magmadriver pedals somewhere in mid November, haven't gotten it yet though. Gotta try running it in the fx return of my tube amp; beta (almost)lead with a tube power section, wheeee!

Anyway, how long do orders from Monolith usually take? Haven't heard from them in almost a month now; on the other hand, it will need to be shipped over the pond...

Captain Norlon

Hey everybody.  I've got a Sunn Pl 20 that I'm about to put up on ebay.  It's dinged up put works fine.  If anyone here is interested I'll take offers here first.  Then post it on ebay either 6/17/12 or 6/24/12.  I've got paypal and great ebay feedback so.......yea. Let me know ;D

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Wow, I'll pass. Thanks for the offer on here, though.

Who is setting these prices? The whole hundred watt beta lead/bass heads aren't even at 700 bucks... I see them for 250 and under all the time. The fuck is so hyper-special about this preamp other than Buzz using them?

Silly.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Captain Norlon

Oh I agree with you.  It's cool but i've heard they go for stupid $$$ lately so I figured I'd give it a shot.  Might have something to do with the clone being $700.   I'll post again here with a link when I put it on ebay.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.