Main Menu

Hemisaurus...

Started by BrianDamage, January 19, 2012, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianDamage

Got the tubes. Thanks again. I have a question... When I swapped them out and turned on my amp I blew a fuse. What did I do wrong? I made sure they were snug in thee sockets and one wasn't all the way in but I haven't got a new fuse yet so I haven't had a chance to see if it made any difference. Anyone feel free to pich in ideas. Thanks.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Hemisaurus

That's not good, do you know which fuse blew? I've never sent tubes before, maybe I didn't pack them well enough? I've had tubes sent to me, just in bubblewrap and cartons that worked. Does anything in the tube look damaged, was the box damaged?

Sorry, panicking, used to be you could take 'em into a TV repair shop and get them tested, is there any friendly music store might do that for you?

If you have an ohmeter you could check for shorts, maybe Nick has an idea.

BrianDamage

It's the three amp fuse that's on the back panel. I'll have to check about getting them tested. They looked fine as far as I could tell. The box looked fine as well. When I get a fuse tomorrow I will put the old tubes back in and see if it's fine that way.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Hemisaurus

It does sound like a tubes gone bad, I'd be lairy of them.

There was a really cool electronics place in Tulsa, I hit up for parts for my amp once, maybe they have a tube tester? I'll see if I can Google 'em.

BrianDamage

Probably Tulsa Guitar and Electronics. That was gonna be the first place I called.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003