Main Menu

NAMM 2012

Started by Discö Rice, January 20, 2012, 11:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Fender did some cool stuff this year. I want both!

Trick makes a real hi-hat stand now.  Their cable hat's groovy too if you're into that sort of thing.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Discö Rice

Mesa had this to offer. Fantastic tone. Seems like they addressed the "no midrange" complaint with rectos nicely, while keeping the oft ignored beautiful clean tone intact. I'd like the idea of a mid boosted mini recto I could connect to a larger power amp, if it weren't for...

...THE $1,000 FUCKING PRICE TAG ON A MOTHERFUCKING 25 WATT AMP!!

VOLVO)))

I'm gettin' a Greta for a bench amp, no shit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Discö Rice on January 20, 2012, 11:39:06 PM
Fender did some cool stuff this year. I want both!

Wow, Keith Chegwin is looking old!

clockwork green

Both of the "pawn shops" are sweet.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Discö Rice

Yeah. That Excelsior is awfully nice.  Beautiful range of tones. Seems like a damn fine choice to keep around a studio.

grimniggzy

Fender really has been stepping their game up. Those amps both look pretty awesome.

RAGER

Quote from: Discö Rice on January 20, 2012, 11:56:58 PM
Mesa had this to offer. Fantastic tone. Seems like they addressed the "no midrange" complaint with rectos nicely, while keeping the oft ignored beautiful clean tone intact. I'd like the idea of a mid boosted mini recto I could connect to a larger power amp, if it weren't for...

12 knobs and six switches.  Jesus.  those Fenders look great though.  Would really like a Greta now.

...THE $1,000 FUCKING PRICE TAG ON A MOTHERFUCKING 25 WATT AMP!!
No Focus Pocus

the diddler

The mini Mesa is a really good sounding, flexible little amp.  Great for home and studio- through a 4x12, almost loud enough for my trio.  Those Fenders look pretty cool, will have to check 'em out.

I,Galactus

I didn't care for the frankenstein'd together aspect of the pawnshop series guitars, but those amps are pretty sweet.  I'd be interested to to see some gutshots.  Why are VU meters so freaking cool?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Discö Rice

Really? I love the pawnshop mustang with the two wide range HB's. Gorgeous looks and tone.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: I,Galactus on January 21, 2012, 03:04:59 PM
I didn't care for the frankenstein'd together aspect of the pawnshop series guitars, but those amps are pretty sweet.  I'd be interested to to see some gutshots.  Why are VU meters so freaking cool?
Cause all guitar players secretly long to be sound guys? 'cept they can't figure out all them knobs :)

clockwork green

I'm really digging these 1-watt Marshall's. I'd like to own two or three of them.

VOLVO)))

Any prices on the Marshalls? I'm getting one.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: Discö Rice on January 21, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
Really? I love the pawnshop mustang with the two wide range HB's. Gorgeous looks and tone.

I really want one, but those Mustangs aren't cheap like those Pawnshop amps.  BTW, those aren't real "wide range" HB's on the Mustangs. Just made to look like them. 

clockwork green

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 23, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
I worry they'll be hard to find and the pricey since they're all limited editions.

Baltar

Quote from: clockwork green on January 23, 2012, 01:00:31 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on January 23, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
I worry they'll be hard to find and the pricey since they're all limited editions.

Well, the Class 5 heads are hovering around $350 US.  If they're more than that, I'd just nab a Class 5.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Mr Neutron

that little jtm-1 seems higher gain that I would expect.
sharp looking though, with the old logo & grille cloth.

"Where words fail, music speaks."

VOLVO)))

I want the JMP, it's fat, getting to the 800, which looks to be a tiny 2210, is kinda meh. I'm sure the other two are garbage fizzy shit like the big boy versions.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

im brewing up a 1-2W Matamp GT120 mini amp.

something like 400-450 (cant be as cheap as marshall)

clockwork green

Quote from: dunwichamps on January 23, 2012, 05:28:13 PM

What kind of features would it have? I like them dead simple. When amps are turned to 10, eq just gets in the way or often loses much its range and overall effect.

mawso

Quote from: clockwork green on January 23, 2012, 11:37:00 AM
I'm really digging these 1-watt Marshall's. I'd like to own two or three of them.

i also wouldn't mind a little head

dunwichamps

Quote from: clockwork green on January 23, 2012, 06:39:36 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on January 23, 2012, 05:28:13 PM

What kind of features would it have? I like them dead simple. When amps are turned to 10, eq just gets in the way or often loses much its range and overall effect.

FAC, Bass, Treble, Vol. Possibly as Boost Switch to adjust headroom.

VOLVO)))

Will you hook me up on a payment plan? I'd rather get something from you, than big 'ol Marshall...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 23, 2012, 07:55:31 PM
Will you hook me up on a payment plan? I'd rather get something from you, than big 'ol Marshall...

maybe u can get it on the prototype. im still thinking it out.  send me email, im down to work with you on it, a stoner rock hook up

I might have 2 versions, both are push pull Class AB with fixed bias output, one is 1-2W the other is 10W.1-2W version is ECC99 output while 10W is 2 x 6bm8, an interesting dual triode/pentode tube (preserving the 3 tube nature of the amp) Literally liked a scaled down version of the GT120 schematic. Only thing thats different is voltages and a lack of inductor in presence circuit (also presence control) which will probably be a 3 way switch.