Main Menu

Pedal board pics

Started by bbottom, January 28, 2012, 02:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

I spent the evening cleaning up my pedal board. I'm pretty happy with my current set up. Although I'll probably pick up a phaser at some point and maybe sell the Fulltone for a wounded paw OD. But I'm in no real hurry to do either.

I love the Fender sublime fuzz but the size of the thing is fucking ridiculous.

Let's see some of your pics

grimniggzy

This is to remind me to post mine tomorrow. My dad just bought a new camera. Hopefully I can get a 1/2 way decent shot.

Chovie D

I was once kicked out of a band for making fun of the bass players pedalboard constantly.  :D
I deserved to get the boot, I was mainly joking but it was obnoxious in retrospect. no regrets tho.
anyway id say thats aboot 6 too many pedals for a bass player. ;)

no I kid again. If i was a bassist i would have a bassballs and a fuzz of some kind and a tuner so Im half way there.

VOLVO)))

I'm trying to play bass in a new band, as of last night, and the first thing I did was tell the guitarist that his tone was shitty. /gonna be without a second band soon.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

Quote from: Chovie D on January 29, 2012, 11:38:48 AM
I was once kicked out of a band for making fun of the bass players pedalboard constantly.  :D
I deserved to get the boot, I was mainly joking but it was obnoxious in retrospect. no regrets tho.

no I kid again. If i was a bassist i would have a bassballs and a fuzz of some kind and a tuner so Im half way there.

You have noticed that two of those pedals are for vocals right? ;)

My bass board does have 7 pedals though.  ;D

Tuner->Phaser->Fuzz->Fuzz->Phaser->Delay->Preamp  I like like fuzz and phase quite a lot...

bbottom

Quote from: moose23 on January 29, 2012, 01:17:23 PM

Tuner->Phaser->Fuzz->Fuzz->Phaser->Delay->Preamp  I like like fuzz and phase quite a lot...

I've never considered delay for bass. Can you name a few songs where I could check out what that would sound like?

giantchris

I'm finishing up my pedalboard for bass and I'm running a bunch of pedals but a lot of them are dirt.  Going to be using something like
dunlop bass wah --> fz2 --> bass big muff --> odb3 --> bf-3 --> tr-2 --> carbon copy --> gfs tuner

Maybe a volume pedal haven't decided.  That being sad for the vast majority of my music I only use the odb3 and a fuzz the whole time only use the other stuff for ambient passages/jamming.  I kinda want the Tech 21 bass od after listening to Russian Circles new stuff.

zachoff

Need to take a pic of mine... Will do at practice this week.

bbottom... How do you like the TC pedals?  I had the TC doubler unit... Not the pedal, but the VoiceTone thing.  Still a pedal I guess, but not like yours.  Anyway, it picked up so much of the drums and instruments when it was on and made everything sound terrible through our PA.  Sold it and got the Boss VE20 and am so happy.  The Boss unit rules for vocal doubling and does a decent job of reverb.  It also has distortion and a few other things but I haven't played with those effects too much.  Anyway, figured I'd drop my $.02 for live vocal pedals.  I f'ing love the VE-20.

clockwork green

I'm still messing with a few things: MuRF vs Parachute Wah, Sarcaphogas vs Meathead vs Meathead Deluxe vs Blackout Twosome vs Wattson SuperFuzz (I'll keep a combination of the two).
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

fallen

Quote from: bbottom on January 29, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

I've never considered delay for bass. Can you name a few songs where I could check out what that would sound like?

Can't think of any song examples but delay on bass, like a digital delay around 400ms set to a single repeat with fuzz or distortion sounds awesome. Play a slow riff and it sounds great. GUNG-gung GUNG-gung

bbottom

Quote from: fallen on January 30, 2012, 12:59:06 AM

Can't think of any song examples but delay on bass, like a digital delay around 400ms set to a single repeat with fuzz or distortion sounds awesome. Play a slow riff and it sounds great. GUNG-gung GUNG-gung

I just may have to check that out

bbottom

Quote from: zachoff on January 29, 2012, 08:21:10 PM
Need to take a pic of mine... Will do at practice this week.

bbottom... How do you like the TC pedals?  I had the TC doubler unit... Not the pedal, but the VoiceTone thing.  Still a pedal I guess, but not like yours.  Anyway, it picked up so much of the drums and instruments when it was on and made everything sound terrible through our PA.  Sold it and got the Boss VE20 and am so happy.  The Boss unit rules for vocal doubling and does a decent job of reverb.  It also has distortion and a few other things but I haven't played with those effects too much.  Anyway, figured I'd drop my $.02 for live vocal pedals.  I f'ing love the VE-20.

I love the vocal pedals. Before I got these I had the TC Helicon create, which is a processor. The thing sounded good but it was a bitch to use on the fly. I prefer the individual vocal stomp boxes so much more. Especially since I'm playing and singing at the same time. I want as little to think about while on stage as possible.

They aren't cheap, but they are so simple to use, and they sound awesome.  I can't recommend them enough

clockwork green

Doesn't the bass player in Tool use delay?  I also gotta imagine that some of those post-rock bassist are using delay.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Volume

The Red Witch phaser died on me, so I need another phaser. Always tinkering with the dirt boxes too.

bitter

Not meaning to thread-jack here, but I've heard too many accounts of those red witch effects going south. For the money, that's always bugged me.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

moose23

I don't really know too many, Tool as already mentioned and Russian Circles but I like that short delay sound bbottom mentioned but below is how I use it with the mix quite low so the trails just bounce along after your notes. Adds a nice vibe to the bassline, hopefully you can make it out it out on the first song but if you can't skip to 2.35 where it's just me and the drums.

http://youtu.be/YVbRI-HPZDI

zachoff

3:40-3:50

Not really "bass" but Robert Smith uses a lot of delay when he plays his baritone guitar w/ The Cure.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

My old band's bass player used an echoplex Space Echo for a couple of our really psychedelic jams. Nice and dirty.

johnny problem

Sunn, what's that red pedal in the upper right? Also, how do you find the DC Brick?

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

moose23

Quote from: johnny problem on February 01, 2012, 12:53:46 AM
Sunn, what's that red pedal in the upper right? Also, how do you find the DC Brick?

Ibanez CP10 Compressor

VOLVO)))

Yeah, the CP10 isn't in the chain, I have the nano soul preacher first in line above the Qtron. The DC brick is killer, but three of my pedals have massive draw or wonky adapters. (POG/Qtron/DL4)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

The tel-ray, DE7 and dist III are still old faithfuls and my love for Ibanez tone-lock has expanded to the chorus/flanger.

Instant Dan

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 31, 2012, 11:34:26 PM

I've heard the DC Brick is no different from the one spot (IE: Daisy-Chaining). Still lots of noise?