Main Menu

Pedal board pics

Started by bbottom, January 28, 2012, 02:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

The Dc brick eliminated all my noise, not to mention a lot of the random feedback I was getting.

i'm also running a Monster AV power conditioner/surgeprotector/groundlifter thingy.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

Yeah the brick can get noisey in some environments. It's nice because of the dedicated 18V plugs on the side which is cool for getting more headroom out of some pedals but the noise makes me leave mine at home. For gigs I only use the voodoo labs stuff (I have the 2 and the digital on my board) or the TRex Fuel Tank for smaller boards since they're all isolated.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Really? I have not experienced this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 01, 2012, 12:24:38 PM
Really? I have not experienced this.

I've heard it can get noisy. It's probably your Monster making the difference.

VOLVO)))

For 20 bucks at Ross, that thing was a total steal.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

chille01

I also run the DC Brick, and haven't had any issues with noise other than what would be expected from dirt pedals with the gain cranked up.  The other guitarist in my band was running a BOSS daisy chain thing with all sorts of noise, then I convinced him to get the DC Brick and his noise is much better.  Of course, we run modest pedal setups.  I've got 6 pedals in line, including my tuner.  No pics, but it goes:

TU-2--> Vox Wah-->Phase 90--> Catalinabread DLS (running on the 18v of the DC Brick) --> Maxon OD9--> Deluxe Memory Man (on it's own power supply)

Chovie D

Ive taken to making multiple pedalboards for different occasions.I have enough pedals to keep em stocked and not even dip into my home rig.

Sunn0))))) any complaints or comments on the boss looper?
I have the DL4 which has a looper, and I have teh Lo-Fi Loop junky which I love teh sond of, but neither of those have soe of the features i can imagine myslef using (mainly the ability to store and save loops)

clockwork green

In two of my old places it made noise like crazy and it my new place the Brick is nice and quiet.

I recently got a Boss RC-3 and while looping is cool it's the biggest tone sucker outside of my vintage Vox wah.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Yeah, the loopstation has noticeable tone-suck. I rarely use it anymore, but I used to use the fuck out of it for segues in songs and whatnot.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

Well guys this is my first post on the forum.... So what better way to say hi then a pedal board pic!

Polytune > Custom B.A.T. Burial Chamber > T1M mini-buffer > El Capistan w/ Preset switch

dunwichamps

nice glad to see u made it here, and its even SFW.

Glad I am in a research lab, no one gives a flying fuck about what we search

Ancient

Quote from: dunwichamps on February 02, 2012, 02:46:25 PM

Thanks man, feels good to be here! Yeah, nobody probably checks this work comp but i like to play it safe just in case. So this is the show your pedal board thread are there a show your rig and show your guitar threads to?  ;)

dunwichamps

i think they are buried somewhere on this forum. Its not as stickied as ILF is. topics kinda ebb and flow

Ancient

I found it and gave it a good ole necro thread bump

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 02, 2012, 09:37:48 PM
mmm... necro.

Its the cold clamy flesh that cant say no to your wildest cravings  ;)

inductorguitars

Quote from: dunwichamps on February 02, 2012, 02:46:25 PM

Glad I work from home so no one can see me surfing naked. :o

Fuhgawz

Quote from: Ancient on February 02, 2012, 02:36:37 PM
Well guys this is my first post on the forum.... So what better way to say hi then a pedal board pic!

Polytune > Custom B.A.T. Burial Chamber > T1M mini-buffer > El Capistan w/ Preset switch

Nice board, but what's a Burial Chamber?

dunwichamps

custom pedal from Black Arts Toneworks

Beasleyboy

That's sick love me some BAT!

Fuhgawz

grimniggzy

Repost from the rigs thread

Signal chain is OC-2 -> Pitchblack -> 3Leaf Proton Fromel Edition -> QTron -> 90's RAT II -> Prunes & Custard Clone -> Fromel Shape EQ -> First Act Chorus -> Ibby AD-80 -> VT Bass
Voodoo PP2+ to run it all

hayseed

I am planning out a new pedal board build soon for myself and my bass player. I saw you guys were discussing the power source and had to comment. I have been using a Visual Sound One Spot for about 4 years now with no problems at all other than the plug from the One Spot hit the floor hard one evening and promptly died. Easy replace though. I have had no noise issues at all with it and recommend it to by battery using friends.

I guess what I am asking is, Is there a difference using a Power brick or similar power source? I use a Crybaby->TS9 Tubescreamer->Small Stone Nano-> Boss DD3 delay->tuner, nothing with a huge power draw really. Maybe thats why I have no noise issues?
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

grimniggzy

I used one spot for a long time, it worked fine. I mainly bought the voodoo because it powers my Qtron which takes 24 volts. My bet is you won't notice much difference.

Ancient

Quote from: Beasleyboy on February 03, 2012, 02:45:53 PM
That's sick love me some BAT!

Quote from: Fuhgawz on February 05, 2012, 07:27:58 AM
Wow, that sounds amazing!

Thanks Guys, Mark @ BAT did the circuit and Jason @ gr8scott graphics did the graphics. Turned out amazing, the demo video i did that nick posted represents it okay, but i had to mess with the audio due to youtube being weird with the video so its a lil more compressed then it actually sounds.