Longhorn Steakhouse

Started by SabbathJeff, February 06, 2012, 12:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SabbathJeff

and their Bourbon steak dippin' sauce.

Tried it for the first time Saturday night at a birthday party for my brother's fiance, and hoooo lordy was that shit tangy and delicious.  I asked the hot waitress if they bought it or made it, she came back and said they made it.  HOW do you make this stuff?  I've never put anything on a piece of steak that was so powerful, tangy and yummy.  I need that recipe.  I know it's just a stupid chain restaurant, but has anyone tried this yet? 
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

Sam Hain

You douche...Im starving now!

SabbathJeff

Sorry bro!   ;D  Can't even get the taste out of my mouth.  They have this 5 different steaks for 9.99 deal, get the Bacon-wrapped Bourbon sirloin 6 oz.  Comes with that sauce in a cup.  I'm going back to the restaurant for more, because on the website it said this was a seasonal item and will only be available for a limited time.  It said "new" on the menu.  Get it while they got it!
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

demon gal

Have you tried googling Burbon Steak Sauce Recipe?

SabbathJeff

Yeah, I've read some things, but none of it sounds like I think it will taste.  Plus i'm not sure if the sauce is a bourbon sauce or just a sauce they serve to anyone with a steak order, because the steak you order is called bourbon whatever, and maybe the steak is cooked with bourbon and the sauce is just this special wonderful thing you can dip any steak into.  I'll ask next time if it comes with any steak and what it's called.  Never had anything remotely like it. 
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

mortlock

when the hot waitress says they make it themselves..what she really means is that a large food company makes it for the chain..probably the same company that makes dipping sauces for mcdonalds, burger king etc..but it will be made specifically for longhorns..

Demon Lung

Nah man I used to work at outback. At those types of palaces everything is pretty much made from scratch. All the way down to the croutons and the chocolate for the desserts.

Demon Lung

Even the soups at those types of steakhouses are made from scratch

mortlock

really..?? i never would have guessed that..i work for a very large food facility and we make products for many global major brands..i know the industry..

they must at least have a standard recipe for it though..i mean you want the exact same thing no matter what longhorn or outback you are at..there has to be consistancy..

Lumpy

He's just goofing on you. That shit comes in a 1 gallon jug, for sure. Chain restaurants don't have time to make anything from scratch... their lettuce probably even comes pre-washed.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Demon Lung

Quote from: mortlock on February 06, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
really..?? i never would have guessed that..i work for a very large food facility and we make products for many global major brands..i know the industry..

they must at least have a standard recipe for it though..i mean you want the exact same thing no matter what longhorn or outback you are at..there has to be consistancy..
yeah they have them in these bug binders in the back. They have 3 food preps that start at 7 am everyday and make everything. Some restaurants like red lobster don't. But most of the mid rang steakhouses are all fresh. Outback cuts their ribeyes right off the loaf