Lemmy-The Movie

Started by black, January 12, 2011, 04:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

Looks like it's going to be happening the end of this week in Austin, Dallas, L.A. and Portland and has been playing in the U.K. Any U.K.ers seen it yet? Hope to see some reviews from y'all in the areas it's going to open in. I guess I'll have to wait until mid February when it comes out on dvd.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RacerX

I'd be pretty surprised if the Guild doesn't show it, man. They showed the Anvil film when it came out, and face it, Lemmy is way more well-known than Anvil.
Livin' The Life.

black

Why didn't I think of the Guild? You're right, they had the Anvil movie and the Minutemen movie. I'm going to call Keef right now and see what he can do about this.

Doommantia

Great movie, nearly worn out the DVD already.

black

The dvd isn't supposed to come out until next month. How did you score a copy? Glad to know it's as killer as I had hoped though.

Mr Neutron

On VH1 right now. Fantastic.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

Discö Rice

Definitely a well executed documentary. Lemmy is worthy of all the hero worship he recieves.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

demon gal

Lemmy's a brilliant man. Great movie.

black

from the wikipedia entry on Emerson Lake and Palmer;

..."Emerson often used a knife given to him by Lemmy (who had roadied for Emerson's previous band, The Nice) to force the keys on the organ to stay down...

Fucking Lemmy! His influence never ceases.

neighbor664

Quote from: black on March 01, 2011, 03:44:30 PM
from the wikipedia entry on Emerson Lake and Palmer;

..."Emerson often used a knife given to him by Lemmy (who had roadied for Emerson's previous band, The Nice) to force the keys on the organ to stay down...

Fucking Lemmy! His influence never ceases.

An idea they both lifted from Booker T.

black

An idea they both lifted from Booker T.

Moral of the story?
Don't trust whitey.

Lemmy is still a badass.
(Booker T as well, for sure)