Main Menu

Delay reccomendations?

Started by Instant Dan, March 06, 2012, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

The Malekko 616 and Carbon Copy are set up the same, what differences do you hear between the two?
Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

No earth shattering differences.  I think they're basically interchangeable.  I might be buy that new Ibanez with the sliders too adn possible a hall of Fame in the near future.
No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

Quote from: dogfood on January 04, 2014, 04:13:45 PM
The Malekko 616 and Carbon Copy are set up the same, what differences do you hear between the two?
i hear much darker repeats on the CC and more pronounced modulation on the 616.
that's why i ditched my 616; i like more subtle modulation and darker repeats.
why does it hurt when i pee?

dogfood

Cool.

Since I bought the second Traynor off Sunn I'm intent on stereo in and out pedals, well the delay-verb-modulation crap anyway.  Going for the big psychedelic sound maaannn.  The el cap has that and verb so it looks pretty darn sweet. 

Problem solving whiskey!

Lumpy

There are a whole bunch of interesting delay pedals around now. Lunar Echo, Echorec, Belle Epoch, Electroman, Endangered Audio AD4096, even the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy (the cheapest one I mentioned) has an effects loop (put effects on your trails) and expression pedal input.

Anything with a momentary switch gives me a boner.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

crap, day late , dollar short. anyone else preparing to lose a malekko in the very near future.
btw, I am going to mod my malekko straight away.

there is no way I would fuck with that memory lane. it is packed tighter than sardines with circuitry. besides, they already installed jacks for expression pedals, which IMO are essential to really use a delay that has feedback and 5 other realtime cool to tweak parameters.

the malekko needs that shit too. I want to meditate on how to easily make a mechanical motion to electrical resistor without using a pot. no mechanical pots.
first thought is to try an rtd simply under a pedal.
stuff like this may be my excuse to finally buy an arduino and use it for intelligent control of pedals, and a/d conversions
for further control (digital is all about either on or off)

I found a current useful version of microsoft visual basic for free online. I can write user interfaces now that just run in windows.  hook all this digital crap in the back end, write a tablet app...and you see how I will master control of all this shit eventually. my quadrophonic doctor death circle of death 360 degree audio assault will be reality some day too.
I am going to fuck some people up when I get all this together.

watch, just as I am getting super stoked about geek life, I get hit by a bus.

cue: alonnis morissette's "isn't it ironic" song.    to quote one of the fine gentlemen from that fine band GWAR "damn, tha's some hard assed lyrics"