Main Menu

amp info- Rembrant 462

Started by Capt Yarn, March 15, 2012, 03:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Yarn

a neighbor of my dad's is selling a Rembrant 462 head and matching 2x12 cab. i cant find any info on this amp, im gonna get it regardless as its only $75.00  any info will be appreciated.

Ranbat

Is it tube? I'd definitely pick it up whether it was tube or not. All I could find was this  http://soniccircus.com/site/amps/all/pages/page_536.html

There's a phone number on there, maybe they can point you in the right direction.
Meh :/

Mr. Foxen

Baltar

Yeah Yarn, check out the guts and look for any blistering on the capacitors.  That happened with my Sunn, wasn't too $$$ to replace the caps.  If it's old than it's probably point to point, which is what you want.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Mr. Foxen

More likely tag board, which is more desirable that point to point because its a hell of a lot easier to sort out and replace stuff.

Capt Yarn

sorry, forgot to mention thats its tube. looks like a  50 watt amp. gonna pick it up later today so i'll post pics of the guts when i can. theirs no info anywhere on the webs. good job al gore!
i also just picked up a '74 acoustic 150 amp with matching 6x10 cab and two 4x12 acoustic cabs for 350 bucks. score!

Baltar

Chovie D

I found this:
For your consideration is this very rare early 1960's  St George amp by the great Ray Massie ex Fender employee purportedly responsible for designing of 1950's Fender tweed amps and possibly some steels. Although he is not well known we have been aware of him and his amps for some time. Often made as Massie, St George, Rembrandt, we have owned identical amps with all three badges. We have seen earlier examples from the late 1950's that resemble Fender woody amps. The most interesting was a wooden cabinet "Massey 20th Century 12" two 6L6's and a 12 inch Jensen Special Design, very rare very loud about the size of a Princeton. This amp is not working but complete and all original with original speaker cabinet. We believe it's an easy fix as with all tube amps that aren't missing parts. Sold as is. Flat rate shipping anywhere in the Continental USA fully insured is $89, international $199.

sounds promising

Capt Yarn

right on, thanks. i will post pics when i get a chance.

The Shocker

Baltar

Don't rush Yarn, things move slower in the Desert.  Time is different out there.

Capt Yarn

yeah, desert time. totally true. will post soon.