Started by Jake, March 17, 2012, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

Quote from: neighbor664 on March 18, 2012, 02:41:03 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 02:30:48 AM
Goatwhore fucking sucks

Acid Bath is overrated but great

Wino's vocals don't do it for me

It ain't CoC without Pep, fucking fight me!

CoC was CoC before you where born or Pepper was in the band.  ;D

I agree with Sunn0)) on this. Pep did a lot for COC. But I still think his lyrics are dumb.

I'm doublewide  ??? What the hell was he talking about? And for that matter, what's a goodbye window?   :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

Past regrets and future fears turn a boy into a man sooner than planned, all the same, the boy remained, even know he can't fly with these heavy chains...

I get them. hahaha, That song and Born Again for the Last time are the best on the album.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Volume

I like newer QOTSA... Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal even.

Jake

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 01:48:16 AM
Ask RealJake.  :D

Scene beard v.2 is about 4 months deep right now. Whisker Wars here we come.

It = On = Voltron.
poop.

clockwork green

1. The Misfits are terrible and not in an endearing too angry to play in tune/time sort of hardcore way but in a
"we care more about our look than our songs" kind of way and I will always hate them for that.
2. The Ramones are terrible but at least when they sang about sniffing glue they were white trash and literal enough to actually be singing about sniffing glue.
3. I really wish digital amps would actually get good enough to get me to give up my tubes.
4. I give up on Tele's....I'll never stop sounding thin and nasty with them.  I've spent a lot of money and time trying to fatten them up but I just can't do it without just giving up and using humbuckers or Tele's and to me, those aren't real Tele's. 
5. I wish digital amps would actually stop trying to be tube amps and became their own unique tool.
6. Cookie monster/growled/constantly screamed vocals aren't at all heavy.  Anything that is completely devoid of dynamics just gets old fast.
7. I hate hearing people talking about gear and money.  Some people have expensive gear because they have better jobs or because they're willing to sacrifice more.  Nobody ever said they care more or are better musicians but to that same point, a wall of peavey combos and squirer guitars doesn't mean you're better or a "real" musician.  I care about the music you make, not how much you spent or how much you didn't spend.  The only musicians I've known that really complained about the cost of gear usually sucked and were bitter and weird. 
8. I'm not going to lie, I love rocking a wah pedal and can waste hours doing it.  I'm usually too ashamed to really do it live though. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

SoupKitchen

1. I don't get a lot of hardcore punk. It's hard to listen to bands like Black Flag. That includes a lot of "My War".
2. I like Marshalls. A lot. I've built a Metroamp 1987 copy.
3. I like blackface Fenders too. Best amp I probably ever owned was a Pro Reverb.
4. I own Stevie Ray Vaughan AND John Mayer albums.
5. When I'm not playing "Caught in the Crossfire" on my Strat through my Tube Screamer into said blackface Fenders, I play a hollowbody Epiphone.
6. I'm so over black. I'm going to recover all my amps and paint all my guitars white.

clockwork green

How is it even possible to John Mayer and not come to the conclusion that it is the most god awful shit to ever exist? Whether it's his bland mini-van, white "sneakers", college girl blues-pop or his lifeless elevator jazz it's all unquestionably very, very bad.

The Shocker

1. Never been a fan of Dio, especially his lyrics.
2. With the exception of his work with St Vitus, I find Wino's work boring (even though I met him and talked to him a while - great guy).
3. I liked Karma to Burn with vocals.
4. Instrumental bands bore me.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

bitter

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 03:20:09 AM
Past regrets and future fears turn a boy into a man sooner than planned, all the same, the boy remained, even know he can't fly with these heavy chains...

I get them. hahaha, That song and Born Again for the Last time are the best on the album.

Yeah i generally get whats he's hinting at but there's still times where the lyrics are dumb. Other times, he nails it. I still can't listen to stare too long without tearing up like a bitch. something tied to the 1st time I heard it back in '03 makes it super poignant. I hope they do another album with pep.

I can't get into priest, maiden, motorhead. There are so many classic groups that defined heavy that I just can't dig. Same with the melvins (still respected highly in my book), black flag, early punk/hardcore. At least there's always Sabbath, Bathory, and the Frost.

I know a lot of people harp on this subject but I'm deeply saddened by the influx of hipsters into heavy music. they just seem to be everywhere.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

Quote from: deaner33 on March 18, 2012, 09:12:14 AM
1. Never been a fan of Dio, especially his lyrics.
2. With the exception of his work with St Vitus, I find Wino's work boring (even though I met him and talked to him a while - great guy).
3. I liked Karma to Burn with vocals.
4. Instrumental bands bore me.

GET THE FUCK OUT.jpg

How the FUCK can you not like DIO?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: clockwork green on March 18, 2012, 05:30:10 AM
4. I give up on Tele's....I'll never stop sounding thin and nasty with them.  I've spent a lot of money and time trying to fatten them up but I just can't do it without just giving up and using humbuckers or Tele's and to me, those aren't real Tele's. 

1:50 would like a word with you

2:02 would also like a word with you.

If you guys can't make teles sound good, it's you, not the guitar... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Señor))),

I have a sneaking suspicion that one could plug a handful of cotton candy into those amplifiers and the end result would that same doom-pacolypse earthquake tone.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Jake on March 18, 2012, 12:12:12 PM
Señor))),

I have a sneaking suspicion that one could plug a handful of cotton candy into those amplifiers and the end result would that same doom-pacolypse earthquake tone.

I'm buying the Hello Kitty strat.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

You should definitely do that. Then you must name your band "Hola Gato."
poop.

jibberish

i dont have a fucking clue what im doing.
pffft, like that is going to stop me......

liquidsmoke

RAGER

1. Get off the wah pedal already

2. Les Pauls are all there is. Everything else is secondary

3. P90's are nothing

4. Peavey is not Marshall and never will

5. Kyuss blew and blows

6. Why cover up that great vintage tube amp with all those pedals.  Just get a Crate.

7. When you do a gear demo on youtube get somebody who can actually play
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 18, 2012, 01:06:23 PM
Rainbow wasn't that great.

Yes they were.  It was Elf that wasn't that great ;D
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

Quote from: RAGER on March 18, 2012, 01:09:28 PM
1. Get off the wah pedal already

2. Les Pauls are all there is. Everything else is secondary

3. P90's are nothing

4. Peavey is not Marshall and never will

5. Kyuss blew and blows

6. Why cover up that great vintage tube amp with all those pedals.  Just get a Crate.

7. When you do a gear demo on youtube get somebody who can actually play
'

haha, you should have 10

RAGER

3 more then ;D

8. Just because you have a band doesn't mean you should play out.

9. Black Flag sucked but had a cool logo

10.  Most of the doom/stoner shit sounds the same but Yob in fact does rule.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

Quote from: bitter on March 18, 2012, 03:05:54 AM
Quote from: neighbor664 on March 18, 2012, 02:41:03 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 02:30:48 AM
Goatwhore fucking sucks

Acid Bath is overrated but great

Wino's vocals don't do it for me

It ain't CoC without Pep, fucking fight me!

CoC was CoC before you where born or Pepper was in the band.  ;D

I agree with Sunn0)) on this. Pep did a lot for COC. But I still think his lyrics are dumb.

I'm doublewide  ??? What the hell was he talking about? And for that matter, what's a goodbye window?   :D

I never stated that one was better than the other. Just that CoC was already known and highly regarded before Pepper. The kids at my high school where into them long before Keenen took over.

I like both. I regard them as two different bands. The changes where too drastic to really rate them in a linear fashion. Like Small Faces vs. The Faces.

clockwork green

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 11:42:46 AM
Quote from: clockwork green on March 18, 2012, 05:30:10 AM

1:50 would like a word with you

2:02 would also like a word with you.

If you guys can't make teles sound good, it's you, not the guitar... :D

Maybe it sounded better in person  ;)

One more to add. I like old Earth a lot more than the newer stuff. If you just put all the riffs and melody lines from one of the newer albums all together you'd get a great song but to separate them all out just drags. I can't just turn my brain off like I can when listening to drone so it's mental torture. It's listening to someone with a horrible stuttering problem. At first it's okay and a bit novel but afterwards I'm just like "speed the fuck up and get to the next part.!"

VOLVO)))

Peavey > Marshall

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 18, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
Peavey > Marshall

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Okay, first "Goatwhore fucking sucks", then Cavity gets dissed, and now THIS??

I'M TELLING MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!11   ;D

I cannot listen to a whole "stoner rock" album w/o nodding off. If you're "whiskey-soaked, hard-drivin' Skynyrd-meets-Sabbath-at-a-biker-bar!!" and using riffs that were already torn back by 1972, it's gonna put me to sleep.

I VASTLY prefer Soilent Green over Eyehategod

Des Kensel probably would benefit from smaller drums

Long "ethereal" hypnotic intros are largely bullshit, get to the point !!

Movie samples in songs: Just stop, it was barely tolerable when Buzzoven overdid it

While I'm blasphemin', the "good" Buzzoven can fit onto one full-length, maybe even just an EP
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"