Main Menu

Ye Ole Blasphemy Thread

Started by Jake, March 17, 2012, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

QuoteBasically the muddy distorted thing is from that numpty bodging 6550 into EL34 amps to sell them as bass amps so they are all fucking up.

??? ??? ???

Please translate from the British vernacular.
Livin' The Life.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: RacerX on March 23, 2012, 09:49:15 AM
QuoteBasically the muddy distorted thing is from that numpty bodging 6550 into EL34 amps to sell them as bass amps so they are all fucking up.

??? ??? ???

J*** W****** is a cunt.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 23, 2012, 10:18:50 AM

??? ??? ???

Joel Wheeler is a cunt.

Don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement with that statement around here.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Mr. Foxen

Wouldn't be surprised to find him signed up under some name and send me nonsensical PMs in his distinctive style like he does on various forums

RacerX

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 23, 2012, 10:18:50 AM

??? ??? ???

J*** W****** is a cunt.

BUTTPUSSY!!!111!!!111!!!

You'll get no argument from me on that one.
Livin' The Life.

clockwork green

He's always been good to me both with amp sales and he even wanted to sign us to 12th Records.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RacerX

You're alright, Clockwork, but we gotta agree to disagree on this one.

That vato is loco.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Oli, edit his actual name out for me, I don't want that cocksucker here shitting the place up...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

RacerX

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 23, 2012, 11:25:32 AM
Oli, edit his actual name out for me, I don't want that cocksucker here shitting the place up...

Good point. My quote is fixed.
Livin' The Life.

Hemisaurus

I've too much respect for John MacNeece to make that kind of statement :)

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 23, 2012, 11:25:32 AM

Done. also wish to note that although associated, John McNeece is a totally sound dude.

clockwork green

Quote from: RacerX on March 23, 2012, 11:18:38 AM
You're alright, Clockwork, but we gotta agree to disagree on this one.

That vato is loco.
I'm not saying he isn't crazy, just that I've actually done repeated business with him and he treated me fine. Most of the people that talk shit about him here haven't and I can see why they're put off by him. The customers that have issues with him exist but it's a smaller pool
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

I love John. Fantastic dude. He's one of the best techs/builders in the country, hands down.

Paging Benberry Lazer for his recent Mondo experience...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Back to blasphemy: I wish I could somehow get the same crappy, nasal tone out of my rig that I get playing slide through my little Supro/Smokey amp with the tone on the guitar rolled back.

I think a lot of it is from the 2" plastic driver.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Quote from: clockwork green on March 23, 2012, 09:23:12 AM
Is this an implication that Matamps are muddy? Mine aren't but I've never played through a vintage one although I wouldn't call the vintage Orange I've played through muddy. My Mat's are Plexi bright or anything like that but they certainly are clear, especially at high volume which is the only way to play one.

That's what I'm saying too. They sound great when they are 'clear' and loud. 

How's this: "Dirt" can be overrated --- or it can be over-used or used poorly, anyway.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mutantcolors

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 22, 2012, 10:06:14 PM
What is with all of this fighty defensive shit, bud? I never said they weren't made. I was just sayin' it looked good even though I doubt THAT PARTICULAR GUITAR's legitimacy as a real Gibson.

Relax, we're all family here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

IDK where you thought I was being all that stuff. It wasn't intended.

...anyway, BLASPHEMY. STUPID SHIT IS AWESOME.

Oh here's a good one. I did all this with my Boss BR600 recorder and I really, really like the tone. No amp or microphone anywhere. It's all "fake" with my pedal board doing the heavy lifting.

http://psychedelicsexorgan.bandcamp.com/

dunwichamps

Quote from: rayinreverse on March 23, 2012, 11:40:25 AM
I like reissue Model T's.

doesnt bother me so much if they just renamed the goddamn amp to something else.

Danny G

Several of the guitar tracks on my latest RPM album were presets in my 8-track, plugged straight in.

And I left it like that cause it sounded GOOD. Other tracks were my JCM800/V30 4x12. So it's not like I didn't have a good amp and mic laying around.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 23, 2012, 08:54:42 AM
How does that work when Orange and Matamp are low gain?

My Matamp was mid-gain, about like a JCM800 I would guess or a high gain amp with only the gain from one gain knob.

A Les Paul's thickness can cut through the fizz of high gain amps, which can also be run without the gain all the way up.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 23, 2012, 01:26:21 PM

My Matamp was mid-gain, about like a JCM800 I would guess or a high gain amp with only the gain from one gain knob.

A Les Paul's thickness can cut through the fizz of high gain amps, which can also be run without the gain all the way up.

I understand you, I always use the neck pickup for large and fuzzy. My 800 does a really pretty thick mush fuzz set up like that. I enjoy it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

What one was it? I kind of consider the Dave Green era stuff to be atypical, but they are mostly what was shipped out to the States, he wasn't really in the spirit of original Matamp stuff, if you dig that sort of stuff, a mate is selling an Ashdown Peacemaker Custom100 he designed, its built like a Matamp but they are worth fuck all money because everyone thinks they are bass amps.

At_Giza

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 23, 2012, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: rayinreverse on March 23, 2012, 11:40:25 AM
I like reissue Model T's.

doesnt bother me so much if they just renamed the goddamn amp to something else.
This is my argument with it, I actually like the tone they can get, but it's not a Model T, or even a reissue of the Model T, it's something entirely different.

Here's some blasphemy, I got punched pretty hard for this one yesterday, I don't like pure clean tube tone. At all.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 23, 2012, 05:24:33 PM

What one was it? I kind of consider the Dave Green era stuff to be atypical, but they are mostly what was shipped out to the States, he wasn't really in the spirit of original Matamp stuff, if you dig that sort of stuff, a mate is selling an Ashdown Peacemaker Custom100 he designed, its built like a Matamp but they are worth fuck all money because everyone thinks they are bass amps.

Great amp but it wasn't worth the money to me so I sold it for a bit less than I paid for it and got into Laneys. To be fair I was trying to get a Paul tone with an SG out of it which is impossible.

dunwichamps

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 23, 2012, 06:23:19 PM
Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 23, 2012, 05:24:33 PM

Great amp but it wasn't worth the money to me so I sold it for a bit less than I paid for it and got into Laneys. To be fair I was trying to get a Paul tone with an SG out of it which is impossible.

that model is much different than the ones oli is referencing. The old GT120s where non master amps with much less controls than this one