What's your beer style?

Started by neighbor664, March 18, 2012, 01:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

What is your goto style (or variant) of beer? Ale, Lager, Pilsner, Stout, Porter, Wheat, Bock.... etc?

If given a selection of all styles, all of comparable quality and cost, what are you most likely to grab?

I tend to go for Ales. Sure I enjoy all kinds of beer, but it does usually end up being some sort of Ale variant.
I do like an occasional Pilsner though.
Fuck it, I just like beer!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

deleted account

depends on the season.  football season I go with Bud, PBR or Bohemia.  all other seasons, Belgian

neighbor664

Quote from: priest on March 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM
depends on the season.  football season I go with Bud, PBR or Bohemia.  all other seasons, Belgian

Bud and PBR are Lagers right? Are you saying that even with any other alternative being of the same cost you would still prefer a Bud or PBR as your go-to Lagers? What is it about football that diminishes your taste?

To each his own.

RAGER

i can see if you're sitting around drinking all day having some PBR's but I won't go anywhere near a Bud.ick ick ick
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

BTW Priest, this wasn't a question of what is your favorite brand of beer? Or what are you stuck drinking because it's cheap.

Let me rephrase the question:
Hypothetically, let's say someone offered you (for free) an assortment of well crafted, nameless beers of every style of beer made. You can only chose one of these styles to drink through the night. What would be your preference?
Or another way to think of it....In your minds eye, when you crave a beer, what kind of beer do you think of?

Demon Lung

mortlock

cream ale.

libertycaps

BelgianIPA/DIPA/IPA/Tripel/Wit/Flemmish
If it's a Craft Ale and i can see thru it, i'll prolly like it.

Hey, the Food and Drink forum here kicks ass. I think i'll stay for awhile.

mortlock

rayinreverse

If I were only given a style,but not told the brewer, IPA all the way. It would change if I knew the brewery though. I'd choose Spaten Optimater over a Sierra Nevada any day.
Porter in the winter, IPA in the summer could be a good summation though.

Ryno

I've bee drinking IPAs for so many years now I think I'm finally getting burnt on them. It's still my beer of choice but I've been diggin on all those Belgians caps just mentioned and especially saisons. Simple and delicious. Had a glass of Mikkeller Sour Monk today and it was a fucking amazing glass of beer. I'm getting into the sours too but 99.95% of the time I have a beer it's some sort of IPA or hoppy pale.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

libertycaps

Shit. Belgian Saisons/Farmhouse Ales are one of my fave styles too. I really need to stop thinking about BEER! If someone invented a beer you could have sex with, it would make that someone very rich and eventually lead to World Peace.

RAGER

Having a 22 oz. of Hop Valley Alpha Centauri Binary IPA 8.5% right now.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

I usually stick to lighter beers (hefeweizens, pilsners, Kolschs, wheat) just because where I live is usually hot 10 months out of the year.

One thing that pisses me off is Dos Equis used to be affordabley priced and is now more expensive than some craft beers. >:(

yeezuz

beer blows, prefer the cider (Magners) or the wines (sake or white) if i can't glug the liquor

RAGER

Quote from: xina on March 19, 2012, 02:24:02 PM
beer blows, prefer the cider (Magners) or the wines (sake or white) if i can't glug the liquor

i guess I can somewhat understand that but yesterday I met this girl that didn't like vodka :o.  I was shocked.  Fuck diamonds, i thought vodka was a girls best friend.
No Focus Pocus

juan11

srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

Ryno

^^^new bumper sticker right there.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

deleted account

neighbs, if I had to pick one style and stick with it, it'd have to be Belgian since it has the widest spectrum from which to choose.  in reality, many factors determine my style at any given time of day, so I don't consider myself as an owner of a particular style

I,Galactus

Can't pick just one.  :(

Never had a "best" friend or a "favorite" band either, though.

Variety, spice o' life, blah blah blah.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

yeezuz

Quote from: RAGER on March 19, 2012, 05:14:59 PM
Quote from: xina on March 19, 2012, 02:24:02 PM

i guess I can somewhat understand that but yesterday I met this girl that didn't like vodka :o.  I was shocked.  Fuck diamonds, i thought vodka was a girls best friend.
oh my yes, i love the vodka. i pretty much drink it straight or have a dirty marti if the vodka is cheap or i'm in the mood for olives