Main Menu

New Iommi Amp

Started by Hemisaurus, March 21, 2012, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Iommi's Sabbath tone live in the mid '00s was mega high gain metal like with loads of treble and after a few songs I was convinced it was the heaviest thing I had ever heard. I was drunk and stoned though. And hearing and watching God play the best music ever written.

That new amp look is great for Iommi but too tacky for mere mortals.

mawso

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 22, 2012, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 22, 2012, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 22, 2012, 11:44:46 AM
i agree much different era but tone is tone. my point is i think the tone on MoR is much better than the latest Dio/Sab album, and thats why (amongst a few other reasons) id prefer a vintage laney supergroup over the latest iommi sig
Because there's no such thing as production, and idiots who like to scoop EQ?

hmm?

He's saying that there is a lot more to recorded tone than just the intrument & amp - and he's right.

MoR is rightly a classic, but I can't see that kind of production working to great effect on Devil You Know - just like it wouldn't have been right on an Elvis Presley album

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 23, 2012, 12:21:46 AM
Iommi's Sabbath tone live in the mid '00s was mega high gain metal like with loads of treble and after a few songs I was convinced it was the heaviest thing I had ever heard. I was drunk and stoned though. And hearing and watching God play the best music ever written.

That new amp look is great for Iommi but too tacky for mere mortals.

I kinda feel the look is a bit too much. Over the top.
The Power Of The Riff Compells You!

dunwichamps

Quote from: SoupKitchen on March 23, 2012, 08:02:39 AM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 22, 2012, 08:40:19 PM
[im usually 60-65% biased

Sounds a little cold.

biased for longer life and headroom, 70% is considered max so im pretty close without risking redplatting

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Orthodox Caveman on March 23, 2012, 09:57:56 AM
I kinda feel the look is a bit too much. Over the top.

Exactly but I think for him it's the boss hoss for sure.