possible trade a guy wants to do . . . good deal?

Started by justinhedrick, March 29, 2012, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

i need a 2x12. i have a guy who wants to trade me my beat to shit (but still good sounding) kustom 2x15 and my peavey bandit practice amp for an original late 60s small kustom 2x12 (the spekers are horizontal, instead of vertical).

I can't decide whether this is a good deal or not . . .

bass sic

Shit, I don't know, but I'm drooling over that 2x15 kustom.

justinhedrick

Quote from: bass sic on March 29, 2012, 08:15:31 PM
Shit, I don't know, but I'm drooling over that 2x15 kustom.

where you at bass sic? we might be able to work something out!!

Jake

I had a Kustom 4x12 and the Jensens never clickeded with to me – noticeably thin and glassy.

BUT, Kustoms look so godamned cool...you could always swap out the speaks (or not, if you're digging em).
poop.

SpaceTrucker

if they got like a silver dust cover with a hole their cts and are a little better. atleast to me, never heard a cab with a blown cts for real. them things keep on kickin'

Lumpy

Keep the Peavey Bandit, makes the deal a little fairer. I dunno. I think you're trading a middling speaker cab for another middling speaker cab. Toss up?

:idk:

The tuck & roll looks cheezey and cool but it adds weight. Not too bad on a head but on a cab, blech :(  And easy to ding, every time you move it. And old speakers aren't always good.

Plus, for a bass cab (2x15) the padding probably deadens the box, so okay You don't want resonance for a bass cab. But don't you want some resonance for a guitar cab? (the 2x12)

I would sell your clunkers and buy something nicer, like a used Avatar or whatever's on Craigs List.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.