Main Menu

Any love for Charvels here?

Started by Ranbat, April 03, 2012, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

I've kinda gotta itch for one of these. I dig the simplicity and the pointy headstock. I had one awhile back with a standard style trem, but it felt wrong without the JT6.

Anybody else dig these things?
Meh :/

clockwork green

I'll always have love for super Strat's.  I miss my old Japanese Fender with the single EMG 81 in the bridge and a floyd rose....so fast and so much fun to make squeal.  As a kid I always drooled over the early 80's Charvel's, Jackson's and BC Rich's. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bitter

I use pauls now, but I still love the simple design and flexibility of a super strat. Easy to play and generally a good value instrument.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Ranbat

Through the 80s I mostly owned BC Rich guitars. The first guitar I bought brand new was a Warlock. Followed a few years later by an Eagle in day-glo pink! I had an Ironbird, a Bich and an STIII also. A couple years ago I picked up an 80s Mockingbird, but it just didn't stick with me. The Charvel I had though was fun to play, I just wanted a Floyd style trem.
Meh :/

VOLVO)))

Huge jackson/BCR love from my end.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mawso

love charvels

the good ones anyway

Chovie D

havent seen one since the 80's. It had the unfinished neck..everyone was trying to be eddie van halen at the time.
parachute pants and really bad coke.

Jake

I don't know if it's a Charvel, but I love watching Dana from Keelhaul play the tits out of his guitar, whatever it is.

poop.

Corey Y

I used to play one in a band 12 or 13 years ago and I remember it having a very fast neck and playing very nice. I had a shit rig at the time, so any comment about the sound would be irrelevant. There's lots of good pickups in the world for cheap though, so if you like the look and the feel of the neck I think they're good guitars. I like the reverse dinky headstock ones.

RAGER

A buddy of mine has one of theee first ones.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i used to rock my buddies charvel bass back in 88-89..i was saving up for a bass of my own at the time. it was a killer bass. he wouldnt sell it to me. he's still got it.