Restaurant blog

Started by RAGER, April 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libertycaps

Quote from: RAGER on May 02, 2012, 06:16:12 PM
It'd be nice to see any of you guys there some time.  Except for you (libertycaps).  You are a fat lonely, balding, bitter, dweeb of a shit wannabe conspiracy theorist that has only had one woman and she left you for good reason. How dare you run your cunt mouth about some rumored bullshit that has no standing whatsoever in reference to our new business venture. If I ever see you there or By the Bottle I will personally physically remove your fat balding ass from the premises.  keep pokin at me and see.

I am super stoked to be involved with these people.  They live and breathe and are steeped in the craft beer community.  Together we're going to bring something of great quality to a region that sorely needs it.
I think i'll stop by the bottle shop sometime soonish. You have a nice day, Roger. :)  

RAGER

Consider it trespassing.  Your name's already in the system.  Already been talked about.  Now I have a reason.

now get the fuck out of my thread.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

he's talkin' 'boot gettin' yo arse booted the fuck off the thread!  get them bat wings a'flappin'!

libertycaps

Quote from: RAGER on May 02, 2012, 09:03:35 PM
Consider it trespassing.  Your name's already in the system.  Already been talked about.  Now I have a reason.

now get the fuck out of my thread.

RAGER

Anyways, back on topic.

Got ahold of the place yesterday.  Went in and assessed stuff.  This morning is tearing stuff apart and deep cleaning.  That'll take a couple of days or so and then it's reassembly of the kitchen and reorganizing.
No Focus Pocus

GodShifter

Just curious, Rager ...

I've watched a lot of the Food Network restaurant shows (so I'm expert, obviously  8) :D), but, from what I've seen (and you've alluded to this), starting up a restaurant is a huge undertaking. I would imagine being that you're going to be the executive chef (or whatever), that you're going to have to spend mucho hours training staff, perfecting and tweaking the menu, and so forth.

Are your plans to make this restaurant gig a full time thing or is more like you're doing kind of a consultant deal? -- therefore, splitting your time between whatever else is you do and the restaurant. Either way, I wish you good luck! You're going to be a busy man.

RAGER

just getting ready to head out the door so I'll make it brief.  i plan on this being a full time gig.  Something I've wanted to do for a long time.  this is new for several people involved so it will be a bit bumpy but that is my reason for keeping it very simple at first until we find our stride.  then we can step things up a bit and find a groove.  kitchen staff will be minimal at first.  We have to figure out what we're doing and form a ssytem before we can start training others.  Gotta go.  See ya.
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Jason at the Ale House has been made aware of your bullshit and thinks you are batshit crazy.
So fuck with me at the Ale House and you'll get what you deserve.

Enjoy your $12/hr. gig making metro soup, salad & sandwich fare.

GodShifter

Enough.

Take your threats and so forth to PM's, and leave this thread to those who are interested in the topic as originally presented.

Thanks.

MadJohnShaft

Wait, I'm confused - is it okay if I fuck with Godshifter at the ale house for $12/hour?  I think the trolly/fighty talk isn't appropriate in the sub forums.

Restaurants need that word of mouth buzz thing - you can do it!  Remember how we were all going to Kuma's Heavy Metal Hamburger bar on here? - that happened to them and the place is packed now.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

I,Galactus

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on May 03, 2012, 06:31:22 PM
Wait, I'm confused - is it okay if I fuck with Godshifter at the ale house for $12/hour?  I think the trolly/fighty talk isn't appropriate in the sub forums.

Restaurants need that word of mouth buzz thing - you can do it!  Remember how we were all going to Kuma's Heavy Metal Hamburger bar on here? - that happened to them and the place is packed now.

How dare you...  Kuma Burger is fucking awesome and will smack the snark out yo mouf.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

libertycaps

Quote from: RAGER on May 02, 2012, 01:00:48 AM
Well when I go there I'll always look for you,  Hopefully Dave will be with me so you can tell him what you heard and who your source is.  And no you should tread carefully.

RAGER

Quote from: libertycaps on May 04, 2012, 02:46:46 PM
Quote from: RAGER on May 02, 2012, 01:00:48 AM
Well when I go there I'll always look for you,  Hopefully Dave will be with me so you can tell him what you heard and who your source is.  And no you should tread carefully.

Someones cheese has slid off his cracker :D :D
No Focus Pocus

mertz

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mertz

This place sucks you in like a vacuum.

mortlock

thats the beauty of it..ive been circling this drain for awhile now..

RAGER

So the  elderly couple that owned this place are nice folks but just kinda got tired and things fell through the cracks.  The kitchen equipment is really dirty and wasn't functioning to it's full potential.  Good thing for my past/current career i can fix just about anything.  so I've pretty much disassemble the range and cleaned all the goo and crust out of it.  Today is reassembly of the range and then I'll start on the grill.  Don't have to deal with the fryers as we won't be using any fryers.  Get your tots and fries with ranch elsewhere.

Next week cleaning should be wrapped up early and we should start reorganizing the kitchen to suit our operations and flow properly. Also I'll start running all the equipment and assessing all functions and doing repairs as needed.  i think the hood system guy is coming out today too. Flooring and paint is getting done in the bar right now. Chow
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Hood guy is coming out on Monday.  kind of a no work day i guess.  I'll be there anyways for a few just cuz. 

We're gonna do some floor repairs in the kitchen and maybe plumb in a different sink system.  depends on what the city says. 
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Seems like the liquor license and health dept things would be a big pain?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

khoomeizhi

health code? meh. their guidelines are pretty easy to follow - especially if you're asking them before you set it all up.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

The restaurant was in full operation a week ago and will not change names so some things are grandfathered in.  we will make some changes but not forced to make many since technical ownership will change but not the name.  Will still be a brewery but the menu will be 180 degrees different.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

I wish you could fed ex me some samples of the menu!

mutantcolors

I'll probably hit Ptown sometime this summer...with much beer on the agenda. I'll make sure I/we stop in.