Main Menu

Amplifier Worship

Started by VOLVO))), April 12, 2012, 06:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Sometimes... I don't even play guitar. I just hit a chord and drool over the tone. I think I don't even want to play music anymore. I just want to play an Open E and drift in the haze. Im certain I'll be deaf/DEAD by age 50, so I ain't finna worry about it. We should teach tone classes. How to refine your basic sound, and how to properly work your shit. Always get the proper tool for the job.

Ive been driving for 18 hours... awake for 26ish. Should be fun to read later..

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Pretty much what I do now I'm not miserable enough to write actual tunes any more.

dunwichamps

who has time to play. This is essentially what builders do: hit a few open chords, observe and listen, tweak amps, repeat.

rayinreverse

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 12, 2012, 06:26:43 AM
Sometimes... I don't even play guitar. I just hit a chord and drool over the tone. I think I don't even want to play music anymore. I just want to play an Open E and drift in the haze. Im certain I'll be deaf/DEAD by age 50, so I ain't finna worry about it. We should teach tone classes. How to refine your basic sound, and how to properly work your shit. Always get the proper tool for the job.

Ive been driving for 18 hours... awake for 26ish. Should be fun to read later..

Ive seen quite a few bands that think this is all it takes.

dunwichamps

k worship some amp now

i just got this powered up last night at 3 am.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: rayinreverse on April 12, 2012, 09:35:56 AM
Ive seen quite a few bands that think this is all it takes.

Give me the list, as far as I'm concerned this is all it takes, all that superfluous noodling is just annoying.

Hemisaurus

Always get the proper tool for the job.
Never buy another tool for the job, always modify the tool you have to do the job. It's cheaper and more satisfying.

Jake

poop.

Blueberry Lazer

must admit, i usually don't practice or write when i am plugged in, i just sit there and zone out to open chords and fuzz or distortion pedals. Man i got this riff that sounds so fuckin good with a lotta dirt and a little phaser that its really all i play lately

and i do love me boris most of the time

Hemisaurus

For the bored check out the Boris vid over at Amoeba Music, they also have an Om one up there, back when Haikus was still in.

http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/videos/boris.html
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/videos/om.html

VOLVO)))

All I want to do today is sit at my bench and jam on my little Mig... or my T... ever get like that?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Blueberry Lazer

yes in fact, i do find myself wanting to jam on your model T and i didnt know about the mig but fuck yeea

Jake

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 12, 2012, 11:33:19 AM
All I want to do today is sit at my bench and jam on my little Mig... or my T... ever get like that?

Yessir, Jakeo))). That's the best part about not having to punch a timeclock in an office somewhere. Here's my office.

poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on April 12, 2012, 12:54:19 PM
yes in fact, i do find myself wanting to jam on your model T and i didnt know about the mig but fuck yeea

It's finna get MONDO in the 850, I swear that dude holds onto those amps like they gain interest or something.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

This is my office. What do you do for a living, RealJake?,

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

I know you bootleg Coors into Florida in a Trans Am for a living. That should be a movie.

I'm an Art Director/Graphic Designer. Started working from home in January and I don't think I can have it any other way now.
poop.

Hemisaurus

That's one girlie lookin' office, this is a MAN'S office ;D

supershit

What can possibly be better than feel the sound pressure level just hit you with full force?!?!?!

VOLVO)))

The 80s called, they want their CRT monitor back.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 12, 2012, 03:50:30 PM
The 80s called, they want their CRT monitor back.

It's a tube 'nuff said ;D

Hemisaurus

Quote from: supershit on April 12, 2012, 03:35:30 PM
What can possibly be better than feel the sound pressure level just hit you with full force?!?!?!
Having sex, whilst the sound pressure level hits you at full force. Best do this to recorded music, lest your instrument gets sticky. ;D

spookstrickland

Sometimes... I don't even play guitar. I just hit a chord and drool over the tone.... I just want to play an Open E and drift in the haze.

I know exactly what you mean.  I do that too.  It's instant boner time when I hit a downtuned open E chordshape and you can feel my body vibrating in unison to the amp....I Love it and the best is when I'm so loud that my hands tingle!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

dunwichamps

more amp talk!

clip of stonehenge

Hemisaurus

Not that your trying to sell shit or anything ;D