Torche - Harmonicraft

Started by Volume, April 18, 2012, 04:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volume

Here's a stream:
http://www.spin.com/articles/hear-torches-epic-harmonicraft-miamis-finest-break-down-new-lp

Sounds pretty damn good. After hearing Kicking I thought they might have taken a more melodic direction with this album, but that's not the case. They still have the great mix of heavy and melodic that's their trademark. Lots of fast rockers as well as a few lumbering heavier tracks makes for a good mix. It needs a few more spins before I give my final verdict, but there's no question it's a good one.

DavidATX

On my first listen. Digging it. So far stand outs are "Reverse Inverted" and "In Pieces".

I am only halfway through it though.

sleestak

I'm not afraid to say my fav track on this is "Kiss Me Dudely."

I think it's great from top to bottom.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

GodShifter

I still need to hear this. I'm looking forward to it.

MichaelZodiac

I've listened to the album several times now. There's a slight drop in the middle but overall it's definitely as good as Meanderthal, if not even better. There are some serious bangers on it.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

eoin_not_ian

I like it. I don't think it flows as well from beginning to end like Meanderthal  or In Return. Its more of just one song after another without any kind of connection between the songs. I'm guessing that was maybe a deliberate choice to do something different though . Still, I give it a thumbs up. Some great songs and more inventive guitar work than past records, at least to my ears.

whoshotthefrog

I definitely am digging this album. I even got my lady friend listening to it and she's not a fan of heavy music at all.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

pastrychimp

I am not hating.  I know I am being fairly immature in chuckling at:

"I'm not afraid to say my fav track on this is "Kiss Me Dudely."

...from top to bottom."

All love.

Quote from: sleestak on April 24, 2012, 10:17:08 AM
I'm not afraid to say my fav track on this is "Kiss Me Dudely."

I think it's great from top to bottom.

xenotype

Somehow these guys were in the dislike category in my mind for years.  I am so glad i gave Harmonicraft a listen!  Love the mix of melody and the heavy think riffs underneath.  Must go back and check out Meanderthal. 

Sprague Dawley

Didn't click at all with this. Too many shortish "fast" tracks. Felt like the best track here was on a par with the worst track from "Restarter" (which I fucking LOVED)

socket

torche can definitely hit strangely. I've seen them a few times and could be blown away once and bored the next time. they're complicated, which is "fun."
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.